Ginger Snap Crafts: Peppermint Popcorn {recipe}

Peppermint Popcorn {recipe}

Hello! I hope your Monday is off to a great start! :) Today is my hubby’s last day home from work. He took off all week last week to work on our house addition. It is looking so good. We passed the wiring & the insulation inspections. Yay! We are working on the sheetrock today. That’s the part I am good at all the taping & floating. ha! ;) Can’t wait to get everything done, and it will be nice to have our house back together again. During all that crazy construction going on last week I did manage to make the kiddos a yummy after school snack ~ peppermint popcorn. :) This would make a perfect snack for a Valentine’s Day party. So keep reading to get the easy recipe. :)

Peppermint Popcorn for Valentines Day #popcorn #valentines #recipe

#popcorn #gingersnapcrafts

My white chocolate popcorn recipe actually inspired this one. ;)

You’ll need:
1 bag of candy cane Hershey Kisses ~ I stocked up after Christmas! ha! :)
Valentine sprinkles
2 bags of microwave popcorn

*If you can’t find any candy cane Hershey Kisses you can substitute one bag of white chocolate chips & a few drops of peppermint extract.

peppermint popcorn recipe

First I melted my candy cane Hershey Kisses in the microwave. I put them in on high for about a minute, & then I stirred until they were all melted. Then I popped 2 bags of microwave popcorn. Then I poured the popcorn in a large bowl while still hot, & then I stirred in the melted candy cane Hershey Kisses until all the popcorn was covered. I set it in the fridge for 5-10 minutes until the chocolate hardened. Took it out of the fridge, & then I sprinkled with some fun Valentine sprinkles & then served. Yum! :)

Peppermint Popcorn for Valentines Day #popcorn #valentines #recipe

For more fun Valentine ideas check out this post
with over 30 Valentine ideas, tutorials & recipes. :)

30 -Valentine-day-ideas-tutorials-recipes_thumb[3]

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.