Ginger Snap Crafts: spring cleaning & organizing in the kid’s bathroom #EasterSmiles

spring cleaning & organizing in the kid’s bathroom #EasterSmiles

Aren’t you just loving this spring weather?
If you are like me, spring puts you in the mood to work!
I love getting outside, working in the yard
& also working inside the house
doing a little spring cleaning & organizing!

On the schedule this week:
the kid’s bathroom

bath toothbrushes

 



The first thing on the list was cleaning out all the cabinets & drawers.
My 5 year old daughter was my little helper on this project.
She helped me count how many toothbrushes we had in the kid’s bathroom!
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10….
ELEVEN toothbrushes!!!

(Ummmm….last time I checked I only had 5 kids!} Winking smile

bath old toothbrushes 

I think we pick up toothbrushes at the dentist, school, etc
& somehow the old ones never get thrown out!  Yuck!
So we decided it was time to throw them all out & get some new ones.
Only FIVE this time though!  Seriously, we were hoarding a lot of toothbrushes! Smile

IMG_20120411_055247 IMG_20120411_055104 IMG_20120411_055351

So the next day I headed to Walmart to pick up some new toothbrushes
& some other items to help organize/clean my kid’s bathroom.
{You can see my whole 5 a.m. in the morning shopping trip here.} Winking smile

bath colgate toothbrushes

I came home with these FIVE Colgate toothbrush.
Did you see the big Easter displays Colgate had up last week?
Our Walmart had already put theirs away,
but it was still super easy to spot the Colgate products.
For my younger two kiddos I purchased the
Dora the Explorer and Spongebob Squarepants
battery powered toothbrushes.  They LOVE them!!!  As you can tell! Smile

bath cole

I also picked up some new towels for the kids.
Love all the bright, fun colors! Smile

bath towels  bath towel hooks

My hubby made me this cute towel rack with 5 hooks for 5 kiddos.
Each hook has their name on it, so they know exactly were to hang their towel.
So after this spring cleaning the bathroom should stay clean, right? Winking smile

I also had each child pick a “bathroom” color. 
I gave each child the same color towels & toothbrush.
So now I’ll know exactly who didn’t put their stuff away!

bath pink towel and toothbrush

While I was in a cleaning/organizing mood
I also changed out our cheap-o shower curtain rod.

bath before

For this space extender shower curtain rod that I found while I was at Walmart.
The pictures don’t do it justice.  I love it….makes a huge difference.

bath after

Another simple re-do I did while I was cleaning/organizing
was painting our little red stool with a fresh coat of red spray paint.
This is the same stool I used at my Grandmother Ault’s house
when I was little & now my kiddos are using it!  So neat!Smile

bath stool

To connect with Colgate
you can visit their website, twitter &/or facebook page.

IMG_20120411_055039


So, do you have any big plans for spring cleaning?

 

 

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias All opinions are my own.