Ginger Snap Crafts: adorable chore chart {tutorial}

adorable chore chart {tutorial}

Every two months I get to guest post
over on Lil’ Luna as a craft contributor!
Kristyn is such a talented lady,
& it’s been so fun getting to know her.

I shared this project a couple of weeks ago over there,
so just in case you missed it here it is again.

I saw a chore chart similar to this in my
pre-blogging & pre-pinterest days, and I'd LOVED it!
{I tried to find the original idea but couldn't find it! :(}
This was really soooooooooooooo easy.
I'm so happy that I finally got around to making one!

You'll need:
a painted wood board
(Mine measures about 8 inches by 24 inches.)
one piece of sheet metal cut to 1 inch by 23 inches
white cardstock & magnets
a circle punch
vinyl stick figures
(I cut mine with my Silhouette, but if you search Etsy
you can find lots of shops that sell vinyl stick figures.)


1
First you'll apply your vinyl stick figures.


2
Apply the words
When we're helping we're happy!
(A line from my one of my favorite Primary songs.)
I used the Little Days font.


3
For my chore magnets I just printed our chores
on white cardstock & then punched them out using my circle punch.


4
Then I hot glued a magnet on the back.


5
Then you stick them on!  Super easy!


I love it! 
Now hopefully my kiddos will happily do their chores.
(Well, I can hope anyways!) Winking smile

 
So how do YOU get your kiddos to do their chores?  Any tricks? Winking smile