Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY stenciled curtains {tutorial}

DIY stenciled curtains {tutorial}

stenciled curtains tutorial

Pin It

If you checked in on Friday you already know
that our next round of Pinspired & Rewired has begun.

This month the theme is stencils!

My pinspiration was from
A Little of This, A Little of That.


I don’t know why but I was so nervous about stenciling!
Buuut I really couldn’t believe how easy it was! 
Seriously, I don’t know what took me so long
to jump on the stenciling bandwagon! Winking smile

stencil

I used the Turkish Tulip stencil from Cutting Edge Stencils.
{They are the sponsors for this month,
& they are offering some awesome prizes!}
I’m slowly redoing our master bedroom,
& I wanted to change out my old IKEA curtains.
Buuuuuut instead of buying new curtains
I just stenciled my old ones & got a whole new look for less!  Yay!

stencil step one 

I did this in the garage so I could lay out my curtain as flat as possible.
I put a plastic drop cloth underneath just incase the paint bled through.
Then I just laid my stencil down & got to painting.
FYI: Never mind the blue painters tape!
Taping it down didn’t really make a difference. You’ll be fine without it. 
This was a super quick project.  I got done in ONE naptime!  Wahoo! Smile

stencil curtain clips

I found these curtain clips at Walmart
I cut the loops off the top of my curtains,
& then I just used the clips to hang them up.

stenciled curtains from ikea

I really, really love how it turned out!
My hubby even thought I bought new curtains! Smile

So do you have a stenciling project
you been wanting to do??

Check out the other co-host TODAY for their project reveals!

The Gunny Sack ~ Southern Lovely ~ Family Ever After

Pin It
Linking up here:
Visit thecsiproject.com