Ginger Snap Crafts: Build a Basket {on a budget} Challenge #KmartEaster

Build a Basket {on a budget} Challenge #KmartEaster

Easter is a special holiday around our house.
We have tons of fun family traditions that we do every single year.
One of those traditions is that the night before Easter the kiddos
leave their baskets out, & while they are asleep
the Easter Bunny comes & fills their baskets with goodies!
I love seeing their little faces on Easter morning.

kmart easter baskets

Pin It

Since I am the official
Easter Bunny helper around our house, Winking smile
my job is to help the Easter Bunny find
the perfect goodies for each child’s basket.
Annnnd since I’ve got 5 kiddos the
Easter Bunny has to work within a budget.

So I was super excited to be asked to participate in the
Kmart Easter Build A Basket Challenge!

The assignment was to shop my local Kmart &
try to build a basket while keeping within my $50 price range.

IMG_20120330_194047 IMG_20120330_194134 IMG_20120330_195043

As you can see our local Kmart was fully stocked & ready for Easter.
You can check out my entire shopping trip over on google+.

Kmart made is really easy to stick to my budget.

First of all, it was super nice that all of
their Easter merchandise was 25% off!  Wahoo!

image

They also have a rewards program.
Before I headed out I joined Shop Your Way.
It’s really easy to sign up online.
Then you can just print out your membership card
& take it with you when you go shopping. 
You earn points for every dollar you spend.
I even received a $5.00 Kmart gift card
at check out for using mine! Sweet! Smile

image

{At our Kmart it looks like I could of signed up right there in the store! Smile}
 
IMG_20120330_194005

Another way I saved some money was
by picking up the Kmart circular
when I first got to the store. 
At our Kmart they were really easy to
spot right when you walked in the front door.

IMG_20120330_193930

In the circular I saw that if I bought a Peter Cottontail DVD
I could get a package of Oreo cookies for FREE!  Yay!

kmart ad

I always include an Easter plush toy and Easter eggs in my kid’s baskets.
I usually go easy on the candy (mainly because I’ll eat it all!) Winking smile
I also like to fill their baskets with items they’ll enjoy & use even after Easter.
For this challenge I decided to make an Easter basket for my 2 year old son.

kmart easter basket

So here’s the cost break down for our basket:

Easter Basket $6.49
Peter Cottontail DVD $7.99
Playskool Palm Pilot ABC/123 $11.99
Mr. Potato Head $7.99
Mr. Potato Head {extra outfit} $4.99
10 count Easter eggs $1.49
Easter plush $4.49
Easter grass $1.12
bag of Easter M&M’s $2.69
_________________________________________

total: $53.23 with tax

kmart easter bunny 

Not too terrible!  Just a tiny bit over,
but I did get the FREE Oreos & the $5.00 gift card. Smile
On my receipt is says I saved over $13.00!  Awesome!

Now the real test!
Will my little man LOVE his Easter basket??

kmart easter basket surprise

I think his sweet little happy face tells you
how much he LOVED his Easter basket!!!

kmart easter smiles

To keep up with the latest deals & promotions from Kmart
you can visit them at these places:
website ~ facebook ~ twitter

{Shop You Way Rewards can also be found on twitter.}

What is YOUR favorite item
to put in your kiddo’s Easter baskets?

Pin It
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias
All opinions are my own.