Ginger Snap Crafts: chalkboard Family Home Evening board {tutorial}

chalkboard Family Home Evening board {tutorial}

family home evening board LDS

Pin It
 

Monday nights are Family Home Evening nights at our house.
(Hmmmm….maybe I should of posted this on a Monday!??!) Winking smile

Family Home Evening is one night a week set aside just for our family.
It is usually TONS of fun & each family member plays a part.
We close & open with a prayer, share a scripture, sing songs,
someone gives a short lesson, we have a fun activity or game
& then we save the best for last, a yummy treat!  Yum!

To keep track of who is doing what I made this super cute & easy
{chalkboard} Family Home Evening Board.

Supplies:

chalkboard paint
wood board cut & routed
(Ours is approx. 1 foot x 4 foot.)
vinyl lettering

I used My Own Topher font
& a scroll from my Silhouette clip art library.


IMG_2183  IMG_2185  IMG_2186

Paint your board with the chalkboard paint.
Let dry.  Then apply your vinyl lettering. 
(Click here for more detailed instructions on applying vinyl.)
TIP:  When I am applying a super long piece of vinyl
Before I remove the backing paper
I tape the top of my vinyl piece into place,
and then I cut the vinyl in pieces just like a puzzle.
Annnd then put it all back together. 
It’s a lot easier than working with one HUGE piece of vinyl.

IMG_2188  IMG_2189  IMG_2190

That’s it!  Super cute & easy!

IMG_2193

We just use regular chalk to write in everyone’s names each week.
Then we use a baby wipe to wipe off the chalk, & it’s as good as new!
TIP:  Don’t use a chalk marker on chalkboard paint. 
It won’t come off all the way!  I ended up having to repaint
& re-do the vinyl because we used a chalk marker at first.  grrr! Sad smile

family home evening board

The kiddos have lots of fun writing in the names each week.

Do you have any fun family traditions?

Pin It