Ginger Snap Crafts: burlap wreath {tutorial}

burlap wreath {tutorial}

burlap wreath pinterest contest

Pin It
 

If you haven’t heard about the brand new
Pinspired & Rewired Pinterest Challenge
you can check out all the details here.

Pinterest Green Wording

This month’s theme is wreaths.

Today all the host including me (Yay!) will be sharing our wreath tutorials on our blogs!
So check out The Gunny Sack, Southern Lovely and Family Ever After
today to see their amazing wreaths.

So here we go….here’s how I made this super cute & easy {burlap} wreath.

burlap wreath

Supplies you’ll need:
one 12 inch wire wreath frame
2 1/2 yards of burlap cut into 1 inch x 12 inch strips


P1010009   P1010004

Basically you just tie the strips to your frame. 
Yep, it’s pretty simple.
I started on the outside edge & worked my way
toward the middle doing one section at a time.

P1010013     P1010016     P1010020

I didn’t double knot them.
I just tied them once & that seem to do the trick.
(Can I just say burlap is soooooooooooo smelly,
& I was covered head to toe in burlap “dust”!)

P1010024     P1010028     P1010030

This actually was a pretty fast project.  (That’s the kind I LOVE!)
FYI:  To make a hanger on the back I just tied a piece of twine around one of the wires.
I really LOVE how it turned out….yes, it was worth the smell & the dust!
Just glad it’s hanging outside!

burlap wreath


My Pinspiration:

This hello sign from Johnny in a Dress is so adorable. 
I didn’t have room to hang a sign soooo
I just added a cheery hello to
my font door along with my new wreath.  
I made the hello. using my
Silhouette
& some cream vinyl using the Little Days font.

hello sign

Inspiration for my technique came from
this rag wreath from The Crafty Polkadot.

Rag Wreath

Annnd of course, my use of burlap was inspired
this burlap wreath from Made in a Day.

burlap wreath

Don’t forget to check out the other wreath tutorials today
at The Gunny Sack, Southern Lovely and Family Ever After
Have you started on your wreath???
Link party starts on Monday, March 26th.
Winners will be announced Friday, March 30th.

Pin It