Ginger Snap Crafts: kid craft {tepee party}

kid craft {tepee party}

Last week I shared this idea over on Christy’s Cuties
{Just in case you missed it, I’m sharing it over here today!}
 
 
Here's a fun activity to do with the kiddos this month!
 
Last year I had a surprise tepee party for the kiddos.
It was a hit! {It's definitely on our to do list again this year! :)}
 
When the kiddos got home from school we read books
about the Native Americans from the library. 
Then we talked about the first Thanksgiving.
 
For snack time we used our imaginations.
Chicken nuggets became deer & fish.
We also had corn, nuts, raisins & berries.
{Yum!}
 
Then the kiddos made shakers.
These are just paper plates with beans inside & then stapled shut.
We decorated the outside with Native American drawings.
{This clip art is from a DJ Inkers CD I have.}
 
Then we made tepees out of brown craft paper.
Here's our tepee village.
 
 
We also made Native American rubbings.
You draw Native American symbols on cardboard,
then go over it with Elmer's glue, let it dry,
put paper over it & then rub with a crayon.
{It's similar to leaf rubbing if you have done that before.}
I got this idea from my son's Cub Scout book!
 
This one means sun.
 
This symbol means happy.
 
I think the kiddos were very happy! :)
 
 
Do you have any fun November traditions?