Ginger Snap Crafts: blog swap {christy’s cuties}

blog swap {christy’s cuties}

I’m so excited to introduce you to Christy from Christy’s Cuties.  She’s got a super cute blog!  You’ll have to go over & check it out!  {I’ll be sharing something fun over there today, too!}

Take it away, Christy!

Good Morning all of you lovely Ginger Snap Crafts readers! I am too excited to be here today and so thankful for Ginger to allow me to come and share a project with you all. Shall we get started? My name is Christy, and I blog over on Christy's Cuties.

Today I would like to show you a project that I have been so excited to begin.  When I found out I was getting the chance to be here, I jumped right on it.  Pallets!!  I love pallets!  They are everywhere, right?  I love being able to do projects with items I already have on hand, or can get for next to nothing.  My hubby was able to score me a few pallets from his work place, so we got started.  {I like a lot of pictures, so just be aware.  lol} Begin by taking apart the pallet.  We left the outside board for the beginning of the table.  We also kept it the same length.  This makes it much easier.
Continue taking the boards off, and moving them closer together.  We too the second board off, then moved to the last board.  By doing this, we only had to remove two boards, instead of three.
This is what it will look like once the boards are together.
Now, you need to cut the excess wood off.
And when the electric saw doesn't cut it, move to the cheap-o way!  lol
Here is the top of the table.
I decided I wanted sides for the table. So we used the extra boards from the pallet for the sides.
We used a board from a second pallet for the sides....you will just have to cut it down to size.
This is what the back/bottom will look like.
Since I hate to waste things, we used the part of the "middle" of the leftover pallet to make the legs.  You will need to use one of the "middle" pieces from the second pallet for one of the legs, too.  Then we screwed them in using L brackets.  We put the larger side on the top, with the smaller part on the bottom.  I think it makes it look like "feet" when done. :)
Here is the finished product!  We decided to use it for a table by our bonfire.  We love bonfires during fall.  Perfect timing!
And its perfect for the food, and big enough to set the kids down and eat....instead of making a mess by dropping plates and loosing food.
It's really makes our bonfire area complete.  We love it!

The best part about this table, is that it only cost us $4 for the L brackets!  Score!!  I really hope you enjoyed all of the pictures....and that I was able to keep your attention even though there were tons!  Thanks so much to Ginger for having me over.  Have a fabulous day!