Ginger Snap Crafts: how to {wood artist sign}

how to {wood artist sign}

Did YOU know….

IMG_0763

Hobby Lobby sells unfinished wood… cut,

trimmed, sanded & ready to paint!?!?

{What you already knew??!!  Why didn’t someone tell me sooner? ;)}

IMG_0550  IMG_0551 

Last Friday I showed you my entry for Round 1 of OMTWI!  I needed a little photo prop for my new {outdoor} chalkboard, & the hubs was out of town {AKA…the guy that cuts my wood!}  So as I was making my weekly trip to Hobby Lobby & was browsing the aisles I came across the unfinished wood aisle! Oh my…already cut wood AND it’s routed AND it’s sanded AND so many sizes & shapes!  Wowzers!  You mean I really don’t have to wait on the hubs to cut my wood!  Wahoo!!  So I grabbed this little piece for $1.47 for my project! :)

IMG_0635  IMG_0636  IMG_0638  IMG_0637

I painted the wood a nice creamy white, then added my vinyl.  Drilled two holes in the top!  Found some cute ribbon {also from Hobby Lobby!}.  Threaded the ribbon through the holes, tied some knots.  There you go!  A cute little sign that was so easy! {AND I didn’t have to nag my hubby at all to get it done! Wahoo! :)}

IMG_0639  IMG_0641  IMG_0642
 

So what have YOU

found at Hobby Lobby  lately?

Don’t forget to vote for Round 2
at One Month to Win It…the DecoArt Challenge.

{click here}

Which project do YOU think is mine?
Leave a comment below, & we’ll see who’s right tomorrow! :)

FYI:  Hobby Lobby has no idea who I am.  I’m simply blogging about a place I LOVE to shop at! ;)