Ginger Snap Crafts: How to Add a Rolling Shelf to Your Pantry {tutorial}

How to Add a Rolling Shelf to Your Pantry {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by DecoArt.

About a year ago DecoArt challenged me to an organization project using 4 colors of paint. You can see my original post right over {HERE} on the DecoArt blog. You know me ~ I’m always up for a challenge, AND organizing my pantry had been on my to do list since we moved into our house almost 7 years ago! So it was pretty easy to decide what I needed to organize. I ended up adding a rolling shelf to our pantry. The rest of our pantry has changed a little bit since these pictures were taken. I’ll share an updated post later on this month. Buuuuut today I’m going to show you how I added the rolling shelf! This has added so much more storage room to our pantry. I love it! So let’s get started.

add a rolling shelf to your pantry #organizaton #kitchen 

You’ll need a few things to get started: 
1x6 boards
swivel wheels (4)
paint & paint brush
sandpaper
drill
screws

pantry before

*This is a before-ish picture. ha! I forgot to take a picture of everything before I totally emptied out our pantry.

The first thing I did was completely empty out my pantry. My kitchen was a little crazy for a few days! ha! We had stuff everywhere even in the laundry room. In addition to the rolling shelf I also added a shelf to the upper part of the pantry. (You can see that it’s not painted yet in this before picture.) Then I painted the entire pantry white again. It’s amazing what a fresh coat of paint can do!

For your shelf you’ll need to measure how big you want it to be. I’m not going to give you the exact measurements for the shelf since that will depend on your pantry size.

DIY pantry shelf

We cut two long pieces of 1x6 boards the length we needed our shelf to be. Then we cut 2 smaller pieces the width we needed our shelf to be. Screw them together with wood screws like the picture below.

pantry shelf #organization 
Then we added the swivel wheels ~ two on each end. Next sand your shelf, & then you’ll paint it. I didn’t paint underneath since you can’t really see that part anyways.

pantry storage #decoart

This shelf rolls right into place. I put some canvas bins on top. I love how everything is so neat & organized. I love how it the shelf rolls in & out. That makes it really easy to clean behind & having a whole other shelf in my pantry is pretty cool, too. ;)

pantry

I LOVE my new & improved organized pantry! Since this picture was taken I’ve changed up some of the bins, & the yellow is GONE! You’ll have to check back in a few weeks to see the changes! Do you have any organizing projects you need to do around your house? I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below. :)

Follow me on Pinterest for more Organizing Ideas! :)

Follow Ginger @ GingerSnapCrafts.com's board Organization Ideas on Pinterest.


add a rolling shelf to your pantry #organizaton #kitchen

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 


This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.