Ginger Snap Crafts: Double Sided We Can/Can’t Play Sign {tutorial} #madewithMichaels

Double Sided We Can/Can’t Play Sign {tutorial} #madewithMichaels

I wrote this post as part of a paid campaign with Plaid Crafts, Michaels and Blueprint Social. The opinions in this post are my own. #madewithmichaels #plaidcrafts

Hello! It’s Friday! Yay! I hope you have a fun weekend planned. We have a few things on the schedule, and we are so excited that it’s going to be a little bit warmer this weekend. Yay! Maybe we will get outside & play a little bit. ;) Today I am excited to bring you this easy Double Sided We Can/Can’t Play Sign. I made this with some fun supplies from Michaels (including their new spring wood surfaces that are available right now). I love living in a neighborhood with lots of kids for my kiddos to play with but sometimes we need a little family time. Annnd this sign makes it easy for the neighborhood kids to know if it’s a good time to play or not. So keep reading to get the tutorial. :)

Double Sided We CanCan't Play Sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com

sorry we can't play sign

Recently I received a fun box filled with these supplies & a spring wood surface from Michaels & Plaid Crafts. I couldn’t wait to get started!

supplies 
I needed a few supplies for this project:
wood plaque
Martha Stewart Satin Paint
Martha Stewart stencils
paint brushes
sand paper
vinyl lettering
stencil adhesive spray

Martha Stewart Paint

First, I painted my wood surface with my base coat ~ hot pink!
I wanted the side letting the kids know that we could play to stand out.
So I decided to stencil that side with a fun design. Fun side = Play Time ;)

sign tutorial

After my base coat of paint had dried. It was time to start stenciling.
I sprayed the back of my stencil with a stencil adhesive spray first.

sign tutorial stencil

Then using a foam brush I gently added a second color of paint.
Tapping it softly. Being careful not to overload my paint brush.

sign stenciling project

Carefully remove your stencil & reposition. Repeat until your entire plaque is stenciled
After the paint was completely dried I distressed my plaque with some fine sandpaper.

stenciling sanding

Then using a dry paint brush, I dry washed my plaque on both sides with white paint.

sign with dry brush technique

After the paint dried I applied my lettering that I had cut out using the KG Lego House font.

sign if we can play

Then I applied some vinyl lettering on the back.

sign if we can't play

I reattached my twine hanger with some hot glue. All done! :)

sign with a rope

Now well see if this actually works! ha! I’ll let you know. :)

door sign for kidssorry we can't play signdoor sign

You can check out some of more spring wood surfaces projects below.

You can keep in touch with Plaid in the following places:

Plaid Blog - The Plaid Palette is a source of inspiration with news about new product introductions, project ideas, tutorials from Plaid’s craft experts and giveaways.

Sign up for their newsletter. - Receive special coupons, project ideas and more!

Watch Plaid on YouTube. – See videos with product demonstration, special seasonal projects and ideas from top Craft Experts.

You can also find Plaid on pinterest, facebook, instagram, twitter & google+.

Double Sided We CanCan't Play Sign at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.