Ginger Snap Crafts: Organization Wall with Cutting Edge Stencils {review}

Organization Wall with Cutting Edge Stencils {review}

organization wall from GingerSnapCrafts.com

Happy Friday!  This morning I’d love to show you our new organization wall.
It is made even better with a little help from the fabulous Cutting Edge Stencils!
{If you have been following me on facebook you’ve seen a few sneak peaks already!}

refinedlogo-verticallarge

I’ve used Cutting Edge Stencils once before to make some DIY stenciled curtains
for our master bedroom, so I knew how easy, fast & fun they were to use.

image

This time I was excited to use one of my favorite stencil patterns
~the harmony damask stencil.  Isn’t it so pretty?

image image

I was a little nervous since this was the first time I’d actually be using a stencil on the wall, buuut I was in luck. Cutting Edge Stencils has tons of how to stencil tips on their website. They even have videos! So I watched this how to stencil video before I got started!

The video was so helpful!  Seriously, if I can do this, you can, too.  It really was super easy to do. This was a quick & easy project that had HUGE results.  Here is the before & after:

organization wall before & afterI shared my “before” of this organization wall last year when I showed you our magnetic organization board. Nothing was really “wrong” with it but after 3 years it was time for a change! What a huge difference the stencil made! It is sooooo fancy, & the wall is much more functional now with a few changes from our old set up.

family calendar

I also shared our DIY dry erase family calendar last year, too. I decided to move it over to the new wall, & then I added another weekly calendar. So now we can put all the big important dates on the monthly calendar, and then I’ll have the weekly calendar for our more detailed day to day stuff. I’m so excited about this new set up, & I think it is going to help us me be more organized. I bought the vinyl for both of these calendars on Etsy ~ the monthly calendar {HERE} & the weekly calendar {HERE}. The frames are 16 x 20 frames that I bought at Hobby Lobby. FYI: The vinyl is applied to the back of the frame, & then you can use a dry erase marker to write on the front of the glass.

organize your kids school work

Each kiddo still needed a “spot” to hang their important papers, awards, field trip slips, etc.  I had bought these wooden plaques from Pick Your Plum a month or two ago. When I bought them I had no idea what I’d use them for, but this ended up being perfect. I painted them black, & then I attached a black clothes pin.  I put the kid’s names on them with vinyl. Then I stuck them to the wall with Command Picture Hanging Strips.  Super easy!

cutting edge stencils

I really love how it turned out!  Annnd the stenciling makes it look amazing!

OK…now I know you want to try out some stenciling, too!
Well, you are in luck!  Come back Monday
for an amazing Cutting Edge Stencils giveaway!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

 

 


Disclosure: I was given this Cutting Edge Stencil to try out. Of course, as always all opinions are my own. These stencils really are amazing.