Ginger Snap Crafts: Fall Crawl~Halloween Countdown {tutorial}

Fall Crawl~Halloween Countdown {tutorial}

Halloween Countdown from Ginger Snap Crafts

Eek!  This is my first Halloween project to to share!
I have to tell you the truth…my fall stuff is not out around our house!
My birthday is Oct. 3…so I always like to celebrate that first! ha!
Buuut it’s never too early to get those projects started.

I was so excited to be asked to be a part of
The Artsy Girl Connection’s fall crawl…going on now
through September 22nd.  Each day there will be a
different fall project shared by 10 different bloggers.
There will even be a linky party
for YOU to share your favorite fall projects.
So make sure you follow along.

The ArtsyGirl Connection
 
Today is my day on the fall crawl,
& I’d love to show you how to make this
{cute & easy} Halloween Countdown
~ inspired by this one I saw on Finger Snapper. 
{I actually bought some of my supplies to make this from them, too!}
 
halloween countdown

Here is what you’ll need to get started:

supplies for halloween countdown

Halloween scrapbook paper, spray adhesive, 1 inch circle punch
magnet, clear glass circle, hot glue gun, ribbon, tulle & ric rac

magnet plaque

You’ll also need a wood block & piece of sheet metal.
{I bought this one from Finger Snapper.  Love those daily deal sites!}

use spray adhesive to apply scrapbook paper

I painted my wood block black.  Then I used the spray adhesive
to apply the scrapbook paper onto the front of the wood block
& onto the front side of the sheet metal.  Spray adhesive works perfectly!

applying vinyl

Then I applied my vinyl lettering.
If you’ve never applied vinyl lettering you can check out my tutorial {HERE}.

halloween vinyl

I cut my vinyl with my Silhouette using the Fontmoochers font. 
Love this font for Halloween.  It’s a little spooky & cute, too.

Just a quick tip when using your Silhouette:
When I need a piece of vinyl to be an exact size.
I click on the text box (see the red arrow). 
Then I can make a box the exact size that I need.
For the area my countdown was going to be,
it measured about 5.5 inches by 7.5 inches.
So I made my text box measure about 5 inches by 7 inches.
You always want to make it a little smaller than the area you want it to fit it,
so you know it will be the perfect size & not too big or too small.

silhoette tutorial

Making my spooky magnet was super easy, too.

magnet supplies

I used my circle punch to cut out a cute Frankenstein from some scrapbook paper.

diy magnets

Then I used the spray adhesive to attach the Frankenstein to the glass circle.
Then I used a hot glue gun to attach my magnet.

halloween countdown2

I think he turned out cute!

halloween ribbon

Then I tied some ribbon, ric rac & tulle around the top.  That’s it.

halloween countdown

Now we’ve got a cute way to count down to candy time!

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.