Ginger Snap Crafts: framed canvas with chalkboard pennant {tutorial}

framed canvas with chalkboard pennant {tutorial}

Last week I shared this quick & easy tutorial over on Johnny in A Dress.
So just in case you missed it…. here it is again!

I had found some canvas prints on sale for a great price
several years ago.  They weren’t stretched on a frame,
so they sat rolled up under my bed for the longest time.
I wasn’t sure what to with them until recently.
We are just about to start rearranging & swapping some
of the kiddos’ rooms….so I made this for my youngest, Cole’s room.
 
 
For this project you'll need: a 16x20 inch frame, a canvas print, washi tape
chalkboard vinyl cut into triangles {I just left the backing on the vinyl.} & twine
 

For the framed canvas print:
(1) First I took my frame apart. 
(2) I had to trim my canvas because it was a little too big! 
So I just used the glass as a guide & trimmed it with scissors to fit my frame. 
(3) I put my frame back together but I didn't use the glass.  I just left it off. 
I wanted the nice texture of the canvas to show.


  • For my cute chalkboard pennant:
    (1) I just used my die cutter to cut some pennants out of chalkboard vinyl.
    (2) Then I used a big sewing needed to thread the twine through the pennants. 
    (3) Once my pennants were all strung I used chalk to write my son's birthday. 
    (4) Then I used washi tape to tape the pennant banner to the bottom of my frame. 

    That's it!  Super easy.
 
I really love how it turned out!
Love those big sweet eyes, too!
 
Thank you much for stopping by my blog.
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to stay in touch.