Ginger Snap Crafts: tutorial {mission bank} + glass block review

tutorial {mission bank} + glass block review

mission bank lds

Pin It

I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
One of the cool things about our Church is
that all young men are encouraged to
serve a mission.

picture source

To do this they have to prepare themselves both spiritually & financially.
Since I have 3 boys we talk about missions a lot in our family. :)
(My husband served a mission in Macon Georgia.)
We encourage our boys to save up for their missions, too. 
One of my favorite Primary songs is
I Hope They Call Me on a Mission.
So what a perfect combo a mission bank with those words
on it as a reminder of their goal to serve a mission.
IMG_3620

I was recently able to do a review for Quality Glass Block.
Along with glass blocks & windows for homeowners, they also carry a line of
craft blocks.
IMG_3623   IMG_3624   IMG_3629

I was surprised when I opened the box & saw all the options I had with this glass block.
This glass block comes with 3 plastic inserts that each could be used differently.

It has an insert with a slit for a bank, one that fits an electrical cord, & it even has an insert
that closes the block off if you’d like to do that.  So many options! 
How cool is that!?
mission bank before & after

As soon as I saw the bank option I knew
exactly what I was going to make with my block-
a mission bank for my 8 year old son! :)
IMG_3634

This is a very simple & easy project.
All you’ll need is your
glass block
& some vinyl lettering.

Here’s a list of the fonts I used for this project.

I hope
howser


they call
wish I were taller

me on
a
mr and mrs popsicle
 
{mission}
my own topher

FYI: The tie clip art I got from the Silhouette online store.
 
IMG_3639   IMG_3641   IMG_3643
IMG_3644   IMG_3646   IMG_3651
 
For the tie I just layered two different colors of vinyl.  So cute!
I even added a tie up on the top of the bank.
 
IMG_3653

So there you go!  A super fun & easy project. :)

Pin It
 
Disclosure:  I was given a glass block to review.  Other than that I was not compensated for this post.  All opinions are my own.