Ginger Snap Crafts: tutorial {last minute valentine’s ideas}

tutorial {last minute valentine’s ideas}

I told you earlier this week that I was in charge of our Relief Society Craft Night.
(You can see what we made here.)  They turned out so cute!
Buuut I forgot my camera…so no pictures of everyone’s cute blocks…bummer. :(

I was also asked to share some fun things you can do as a family for Valentine’s Day.

Here’s a few of the ideas I shared.  :)


easy valentine's ideas


Idea #1

Simple Valentine’s Banner


You could make this with 14 hearts leading up to Valentine’s Day
or just do 7 the week of Valentine’s…whatever fits your family best.
On each heart is a fun Heart Day activity….like doing something kind,
making cookies for your neighbors, saying I love you, writing a letter to grandma, etc.
To make this banner I just used foam hearts that you can find at Walmart,
some Valentine ribbon & mini clothes pins to attach my hearts.  Easy, easy!


valentine heart banner


Idea #2 Erasable

“I love you because” frame


I bought this frame for half off at Hobby Lobby.  Yay!
I put a piece of Valentine scrapbook paper inside the frame. 
Then I cut “I love you because” in the elise font
& applied it right on the front of the glass.
(You can find the link to download the elise font here.)
You can then use a dry erase marker on the glass
over & over leaving sweet messages
for each other of why you love each other soooooo much.
Awwww! ;)  Love this one!

IMG_3556   IMG_3566


Idea #3

Family Love Jar


I found this glass vase at Hobby Lobby.  Added the vinyl letters to say “All I need is love”.
(I used My Own Topher font for this one.  You can find the link to download it here.)
Then I cut strips of paper using red paper & Valentine scrapbook paper. 
Each family members writes down what they love about each other.
On Valentine’s Day we read what everyone wrote.  So sweet. :)

love jar   love jar notes


Soooooo do you have any fun family Valentine’s Day traditions?

Pin It