Ginger Snap Crafts: tutorial {jazz up your science project} #gluenglitter

tutorial {jazz up your science project} #gluenglitter

Most of you know that I have 5 kiddos.
Sometimes I’m the the strict
do-your-chores kinda of mom,
but other times I can be pretty fun. 
(I think so, anyways.) :)
My oldest son, Zach, has a thing
about creepy, crawly animals (ewwww!).
In my attempt to try & be fun mom
I let him get a leopard gecko
with his Christmas money!  Yikes!
(Lizards seriously creep me out…so this was a big deal for me!)
So far, so good. (It hasn’t escaped yet.  Whew!)
Annnnd another added benefit, he is using his
leopard gecko for a 4H animal science project.  Yay!


science fair display board

Annnnd in another attempt to be a fun mom….
I let him use my vinyl cutter to
jazz up his science project display.
Pretty fancy, huh???

Before we started on this project my hubby
& I headed to Wal-mart to pick up some supplies.
We were on the hunt for an Elmer’s Tri-Fold Board & other supplies.
You can check out my shopping trip in my google+ story
.
Annnnd yes, a trip to Wal-mart does count as a date. ;)

IMG_20120202_201608  IMG_20120202_200523  IMG_20120202_201531

For this project you’ll need:
Elmer’s Tri-Fold Board
Elmer’s X-TREME School Glue Stick
colored cardstock
paper cutter
leopard gecko pictures & information
vinyl lettering

(We used A Truer Blue
& Courier New fonts for this project.)

IMG_3394

Zach jazzed up his vinyl by adding spots
to his leopard gecko & to the word leopard
using a permanent marker on the yellow vinyl. 
It looked really cool.


IMG_3322  IMG_3328  IMG_3333

The next step was applying the vinyl lettering to the Elmer’s Tri-Fold Board.
The vinyl stuck really easy to the cardboard.  It was really goes on nice & smooth.
(For more detailed instructions on how to apply vinyl lettering click here.)

IMG_3401  IMG_3403

Then we used the Elmer’s X-TREME School Glue Stick
to glue on the leopard gecko pictures & facts.
We used the ruler on our paper cutter to line up everything just right.

IMG_3414  IMG_3411  IMG_3417

Here is Zach’s finished leopard gecko science project
Pretty jazzy, don’t you think? ;)

IMG_3426

Pin It
This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias  All opinions are my own.