Ginger Snap Crafts: tutorial {diy canvas prints}

tutorial {diy canvas prints}

Happy Monday! Soooooo how was your weekend???
I hope it was great & that you got lots accomplished! :)

Today I’m over at How to Nest for Less
helping Erin out with her fun Valentine’s series.
You can check out my {you & me} block tutorial here.
She has lots more planned this week
so make sure you keep checking in! :)

Today I'd love to show you how to make you own
canvas prints for much cheaper than ordering them!


(I shared these over on
Keeping it Simple a week or two ago
buuut just incase you missed it thought I’d share it over here, too!)


You'll need:
8x10 print of your favorite photo
paint & foam brushes
mod podge (matte)
8X10 canvas
(I bought mine at Hobby Lobby on sale for a couple of dollars.)


To make your canvas:
I painted the edges of my canvas first
& then I painted about a 1 inch border on the front of my canvas.
After your paint dries, apply a layer of mod podge on your canvas.
Then lay down your picture.  I used a cloth to rub over the entire picture.
You don't want any bubbles & for your picture to be nice and flat. 
Photo paper is thick, so getting it to lay flat was no problem for me.  Yay!
Then I went over the top of my picture with another layer of mod podge. 
That gave it a brush stroked look.  Annnd don't worry...it dries clear. :)


Here are my finished canvas prints!  Love them!  So easy to do, too!  Yay!

IMG_2459
 

Pin It