Ginger Snap Crafts: tutorial {baby boy gift basket} #GluenGlitter

tutorial {baby boy gift basket} #GluenGlitter

baby shower gift scrapbook supplies

I was recently ask to come up with a gift using
Elmer’s Memory Keeping items.
(These items can all be found in the scrapbooking section at Walmart.)
Since so many of my friends are having new babies right now
I thought of the perfect gift idea for a new mom
a scrapbooking basket full of fun scrapbooking supplies
to help document all the first that come with having a new baby!

IMG_2993

Supplies Needed:
Elmer’s CraftBond Adhesives Squares- Repositionable
Elmer’s CraftBond All Purpose Glue Sticks
Elmer’s CraftBond Dual Tip Glue Pen
Elmer’s CraftBond Foam Mounting Tape
Elmer’s Glitter Pens
photo albums
large photo storage box
tissue paper
paper shred
wooden dowels
blue twine
scrapbook paper
scrapbook stickers
borders, ribbons & other scrapbook supplies

IMG_20120119_185814   IMG_20120119_190026   IMG_20120119_185848

Remember all of the Elmer’s Memory Keeping items I used in my gift basket can be found in the scrapbook section at Walmart.  (You can see my entire shopping trip here on Google +.)

Here’s how I made my gift basket:

I love this photo box I found at Walmart.  It’s bigger than a normal photo box.
I loved that it came with dividers.  So the new mom could leave the dividers in
& use it to store her new scrapbooking supplies or take them out & use it to store photos.
To make the basket I just folded the dividers flat & just set them in the box.
I set the lid up straight & then stuffed the bottom with some craft paper.
Then I added some white shredded paper on top.

IMG_3001   IMG_3006   IMG_3007

FYI:  My blue photo album was a little plain, so before I added it to my basket
I “babied” it up with some cute photo stickers I bought at Walmart. :)

IMG_3009   IMG_3010   IMG_3011

Now that everything was ready it was time to start adding to the basket. 
In college I actually worked in a gift shop, so I was having a few basket making flashbacks! :) 
My tips for making a nice gift basket arrangement is to have all the tall things in the back. 
Put your tallest thing in the middle then work your way forward. 
Put the middle height items in the middle.  Then place your shortest things in the front. 
You want to be able to see everything in your basket when you look at it from the front. 
You can use small pieces of clear tape to hold everything in place. 
Fill in any “holes” with pieces of matching tissue paper.

IMG_3014   IMG_3015   IMG_3022

For the final touch on my basket I added a cute “It’s a boy” pennant.
Super easy to make….just cut some triangles from scrapbook paper.
For the letters I used my Silhouette to cut the vinyl using the Oh {Photo} Shoot font.
Then I hot glued the top edge of the pennants to some blue twine.

IMG_3030   IMG_3033   IMG_3036

I tied the ends onto two wooden dowels & just stuck the dowels in both sides of the basket.
I used some more of my scrapbook stickers on the pennant, too.  Worked perfect.  So cute!

IMG_3057

(This would make an adorable centerpiece at a baby shower, too!)

IMG_3061      IMG_3058

Pin It

This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias. #CBias  All Opinions are my own. #gluenglitter