Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Jewelry Organizer {tutorial}

DIY Jewelry Organizer {tutorial}

Hello! Good morning! It is still a little bit cold at our house(It snowed all weekend!), so I haven’t ventured out to do any big DIY projects lately! I always have big plans though! It’s just hard waiting on warmer weather! I have been working on some smaller organization projects around our house though. You know the kind that don’t involve going into the garage to grab some power tools or working in the flower beds. ;) So today I am excited to show you how I made this easy DIY Jewelry Organizer with just a few supplies. It’s awesome at holding all my jewelry, & it is so easy to get to. So let’s get started.

CC DIY Jewelry Organizer

You’ll need a few supplies:
chalk paint (I used the color ~ Vintage from DecoArt.)
paint brush
frame (I found this one on Pick Your Plum.)
washi paper (Yes! Silhouette & We R Memory Keepers both make washi paper!)
3M Hooks
scissors
X-ACTO knife & cutting mat

First, I painted my frame. Then let it dry.

supplies

The next thing I did was cover the frame inserts with the washi paper sheets.

how to make a jewelry organizer
All I needed to do was cut the washi paper slightly bigger than my insert. Then I sat the insert right on top.

washi tape paper

Then I used my X-ACTO knife & a cutting mat to trim off the excess paper.

jewelry organization

Then I just repeated those steps until all of the inserts were covered & pretty.

washi tape paper crafts

Then I put the inserts back in the frame.

picture frame crafts

Next I got out some 3M hooks out. I have used these kinds of hooks all over my house! They are awesome. :)

command hooks

Then I put my hooks in different spots on my frame. Since I won’t be removing these hooks later I just used my X-ACTO knife to remove the easy remove tab.

hooks for jewelry organization

Here’s what my frame looked like when I was finished putting on the hooks.

make your own jewelry holder

At the last minute I added a cute pennant banner to the middle of my frame. :)

washi tape pennant

The only thing left to do was to hang up my frame & add my jewelry.

jewelry holderdiy jewelry holder

Make sure you check out some more of my organization ideas. :)

DIY Jewelry Organizer at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.