Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy Baby Gift Ideas made with Ribbon {tutorial}

Easy Baby Gift Ideas made with Ribbon {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Offray.

Hello! It’s Friday! Yay! I hope you have a fun weekend planned! We will be busy, busy as usual. :) My older kiddos will be participating in a 4H Talent Show. I’m kind of nervous! ha! I’m sure they will do great though! In a few weeks, I’ll be headed down to Texas to run in the Color Run with my sisters & mom. I’m so excited! One of my sister’s had a beautiful baby girl a few months ago. So I’ve been busy making a few things to take down to her. Today I am excited to share what I’ve been working on ~ these Easy Baby Gift Ideas with Offray Ribbon. They are all so simple to make & make great gifts! So let’s get started! :)

baby gifts made with ribbon at GingerSnapCrafts.com #offray #ribbon #baby

You’ll only need a few supplies to make all three gift ideas {burp cloths, bib clip & toy tether}.

Supplies:
ribbon (I used this pink chevron ribbon & this striped ribbon.)
sewing machine, needles & thread
clips
Velcro
Gerber prefolded cloth diapers
hot glue gun

baby gift supplies

To make the embellished burp cloths pin two strands of ribbon along the seam of your diaper.

baby sewing project

Make sure your ribbon hangs over the edge. You want them a little bit longer than your diaper. This will give you a little bit of wiggle room when you sew. You won’t have to worry about your ribbon being too short when you finished.

baby gift ideas

Next you will sew straight down each side of your ribbon. Be sure to back stitch on both ends. Don’t worry about sewing across the end. The stitching on the sides is all you need.

baby gift ideas with ribbon

When you are finished trim off the excess ribbon. That’s it! :)

baby ribbon projects

My friend, Sky from Capital B made me some of these bib clips when my little guy was younger. They are awesome. You can clip these on a burp cloth, napkin or whatever to make a quick bib. These are great to have when you are out & about. :)

baby bib clip supplies

Basically you cut your ribbon about 10 inches or so in length. Then loop one end of the ribbon through one of the clips & then hot glue it in place.

baby bib clip tutorial

Do the same thing on the other end.

baby bib clip

It would be cute to make several of these different colors & style of ribbon.

baby bib clip with ribbon

The last gift I made was a toy tether. These come in so handy when you out & about, too. My kiddos always loved throwing their toys out of their stroller! I was constantly picking up toys or losing them. This toy tether will help you keep up with the toys & keep them off the dirty ground. All you’ll need is some ribbon & Velcro for this project.

baby ribbon toy tether

Cut your ribbon however long you’d like. I’d think I made mine a little bit too long! I’ll probably shorten it before I give it to my sister. Fold one end over & stitch in place.

baby gifts with ribbon & a sewing machine

One the other end of the ribbon you will sew two pieces of Velcro.

baby gift ideas #handmade #ribbon

To attach this to a stroller you will loop the Velcro end of the ribbon through the sewn loop around the bar or tray of your stroller. Then after the ribbon is on the stroller attach your toy to the Velcro end. As always supervise your kiddos when using any of these ideas.

baby gift ideas toy tether

Do you like to make gifts? Do you have any fun baby gift ideas? I’d love to hear. Leave a comment below. :) Remember you can always find the perfect ribbon for all of your projects at Offray.

baby gifts with ribbon

Check out some of my favorite baby inspired posts. :)

Washi Tape Photo Plaque at GingerSnapCrafts.com #wermemorykeepers #silhouetteCAMEO #tutorial_thumb[2]

Cute-and-easy-diaper-cake-tutorial-f

DIY photo puzzle using Americana Satin Decoupage #DecoArt_thumb
Baby-Animal-Onesies-Heat-Transfer-Tu[1]

DIY Photo Block #gingersnapcrafts
Over 10 baby shower & gift ideas #gingersnapcrafts #linkparty #features_thumb[2]
I’ll be back here tomorrow taking part in the #CraftMonthAtoZ series. :)

baby gifts made with ribbon at GingerSnapCrafts.com #offray #ribbon #baby

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.