Ginger Snap Crafts: A Gift from our Family to YOU #imamormon

A Gift from our Family to YOU #imamormon

Disclaimer: All opinions are my own. I am not an “official” spokesperson for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. ;) For more information & to find a congregation near you can visit lds.org and mormon.org. #sharegoodness

Hello! Today’s post is going to be a little different than the usual crafty project or recipe that you usually see around here. ha! ;) Today I’m going to get a little more personal. I know many of you know that I’m a Mormon (also known as a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). I’ve mentioned it a few times & shared some LDS projects here & there but I’ve never really talked about it a lot here on the blog. Today my family & I would love to share our testimonies & give you the opportunity to learn more about our faith & family.

A gift from our family to yours ~ Book of Mormon #iamamormon

family pictures

I’ve been a Mormon all my life, and my family goes back several generations. Just like everyone though I had to pray & receive my own testimony of the Gospel. By living the Gospel, reading the scriptures & praying I have come to know that the Gospel is true. It is the way I want to live my life. My husband’s family was taught by some Mormon missionaries who happen to find them one day.  As my husband grew he gained his own testimony, and later served a mission in the Macon Georgia Mission. :) Our family is just like everyone else’s that’s for sure. We have fights, get on each others nerves, & we are LOUD. ha! :) Buuuut at the end of the day the most important thing to me is my family & my faith. If it wasn’t for the Gospel of Jesus Christ I wouldn’t have these huge blessings in my life. I know my family can be together forever. I’m so grateful for that knowledge. :)

#iamamormon

My children are amazing! I was inspired to share my testimony on the blog by my oldest son, Zach. He is truly extraordinary! A few months ago we had a parent teacher conference with his biology teacher at school. As soon as we walked in he said, “You are Mormons, aren’t you?” We didn’t know it was so obvious. ha! Then he told us that everyday Zach comes into class with his Book of Mormon & sets it in the corner of his desk. His teacher (whose best friend in high school was a Mormon) noticed that right off. ;) I love how Zach is not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. In high school I took early morning religious classes before school, & Romans 1:16 was one of my favorite scriptures (and still is!). So I want to follow my son’s example….to be more bold in my testimony & to apply this scripture more in my life right now. :)

I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ #printable #gingersnapcrafts #iamamormon

I was also inspired by one of our Church leaders, Elder M. Russell Ballard who challenged members of the Church this past October at our annual General Conference to reach out. He said: “We are simply asking all members to pray, knowing that if every member, young and old, will reach out to just ‘one’ between now and Christmas, millions will feel the love of the Lord Jesus Christ. And what a wonderful gift to the Savior.”

jumping fall picture

So today I want to reach out to YOU! If you are sincerely interested in knowing more about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, my family & I would LOVE to send you a Book of Mormon packet. This packet will include my family’s testimonies, a copy of The Book of Mormon & some pass along cards where you can order some free Church DVDs. No strings attached, and your information will be kept confidential. I will not send any Mormon missionaries looking for you! I promise! ;)

Free Book of Mormon packet at GingerSnapCrafts.com

family

Our family would also like to invite YOU to the  2013 Annual Christmas Devotional that will be streamed LIVE tonight at 6pm MST from the Conference Center in Salt Lake City. It will be filled with lots of beautiful music & testimonies of the Savior as we celebrate His birth. We would LOVE to have you join us! :)

2013 Christmas Devotional

I know we all have different beliefs & many do not share mine. That is totally fine! Having agency to choose how to live & believe is essential to Heavenly Father’s plan for us ~ so please be kind. I’m turning off the comments in the post. I was a little nervous to hit publish! I don’t want to turn my very special to me beliefs into a debate. Thank you for understanding. :) Heavenly Father’s plan is so wonderful in that we all have the freedom to choose how we live & what we believe. :)

Article of Faith #11 #printable #GingerSnapCrafts

Remember if you would like to receive your free Book of Mormon packet please don’t be shy! Just send me your name & address at the email below. I will mail packages the last week of the month (if not sooner!). This offer will NEVER expire! We hope to hear from some of you soon. :) For more stories & testimonies from everyday Latter-Day Saints you can go HERE. For basic beliefs of our Church you can go HERE.

Free Book of Mormon packet at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.