Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy Paper Ornament {tutorial}

Easy Paper Ornament {tutorial}

This post was first seen on Lines Across.

Hello! Christmas is next week! Eek! Annnnd the kiddos will be out of school soon! They’ll need something to keep them busy while you are doing your last minute holiday preparations! Well, my kiddos will anyways! ha! ;) Today I’d love to share a cute, kid-friendly & easy paper ornament tutorial with you. So keep reading to see how easy these are to put together.

 
For this project you'll need:
holiday scrapbook paper
circle punch, circle maker or a Silhouette
Elmer's X-TREME glue stick
metal ornament hook
hot glue & glue
holiday stamp
white card stock
piece of ribbon
mini hole punch

 
I bought this cool little gadget at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon. I'm still getting the hang of it. ha! ;) Buuut it really did make it super easy to cut out a bunch of circles. You could also use a circle punch or a Silhouette to do the same thing. :) (I LOVE my Silhouette! You can check out all my Silhouette tutorials HERE.)
 
 
I cut about 10 circles out (all the same size).

 
Then I folded all the circles in half (pretty side of the paper inside).
 
 
Then I started gluing the circles together one side to another side & so on.
 
 
When I got to the last two circles I hot glued the hook inside before I glued the last two circles together.
 
 
Next I stamped Merry Christmas on some white card stock & punched it out with a circle punch. Then I used a mini hole punch to make a spot to attach the ribbon.
 
 
Then I tied the tag around my hook with a ribbon. That's it! :)
 
 
Now it's ready to hang on the tree! :) I was thinking next time I try this I'll probably add more circles to make the ornament a little fuller. You could also used different colors of scrapbook paper & make some fun patterns. Get creative! :)
 
 
    
 
For more handmade ornament ideas check out these posts! :)

easy Christmas tree ornament
 
 
 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.