Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Window Boxes {tutorial}

DIY Window Boxes {tutorial}

Good morning! Happy Friday! I don’t know if you know this or not, but I love flowers! When we first got married (22 years ago TODAY!) I didn’t have such a green thumb. ha! I always planted pansies in the spring in Texas. Then I would wonder why they died so quickly. (Pansies don’t love heat, & they really should be planted in the fall not spring.) I’ve gotten just a little bit better over the years. It’s a mix of planting the right type of flowers & watering & feeding them enough, too. Recently we added these DIY Window Boxes to the back of our house. I just love them!

DIY WIndow Box at Gingersnapcrafts.com

I love opening my windows & seeing nothing but flowers! ;)

flower box

These flowers are called Vincas. They are one of my go-to flowers that I plant every spring. They are great to grow this time of year, too, because they are drought & heat tolerant. It’s HOT out there. I always plant several of these around the yard in containers & in flower beds. They do well in both. I even had them seed out before, & they started growing everywhere under my deck. That was kind of neat! ;)

800 flower box tutorial

You can find the full window box tutorial right here.
Let me know if you try this window box tutorial out. I’d love to hear how it goes.
Also, let me know what your favorite go-to flower is in the comments below.
I’d love to hear! Have a great weekend! :)
DIY Window Box

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2