Ginger Snap Crafts: Hand Stamped Necklace {tutorial}

Hand Stamped Necklace {tutorial}

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareYourMiracles #CollectiveBias #MiraclesFromHeaven

Good morning! This past weekend we were trying to find a movie to watch, and we stumbled across the movie, Miracles From Heaven. Oh my goodness! Miracles from Heaven is such a good movie! Go get it now! We watched it 3 times over the weekend! It’s full of love, family, faith & a wonderful spirit. You will be touched when you watch! The movie is based on the true story of the Beam family. One of their daughters is diagnosed with a terrible disease, but along the way through big & small miracles this family is helped through their trial. Watching this movie made me want to hug & spend time with my kiddos even more! This week my daughter & I were inspired by the movie to make this adorable Hand Stamped Necklace together. Let’s get started! :)

Hand Stamped Necklace at GingerSnapCrafts.com

diy necklace

Before we get to that tutorial. Let me talk about my kiddos! This movie will definitely make you so, so grateful for those little people that call you mom! You’ll hug & squeeze them all a little tighter. Spending time together is so very important for kids. I love teaching my kiddos how to make something, going on trips, reading together, having a movie night together & hiking & being outdoors together. Doing all of these family activities really bond us together as a family. They are all great times to talk & catch up on what is important to my kiddos. Of course, each of my kids are different, so what works with one doesn’t always work with the other! For example, my son loves to throw around the football. I’m getting pretty good at it, too! ha! Some of my kiddos have similar interest as me. This is my daughter, Cara. The way we bond & spend time together is by crafting! Can’t you tell? These are just some of the projects we’ve worked on together for the blog! She’s even been a guest blogger here! ;) You’ll have to search “crafts by Cara” to see what she shared. A funny story about Cara is that she always like to sneak in & use my craft supplies! The only bad thing is that she never puts them back in the right place, so I know she’s been digging in my stash! haha! I secretly don’t mind though! :)

crafts with my daughter

In Miracles from Heaven, the Beam family is one of those families that have that strong bond as a family. Christy Beam really fights hard for her daughter once she is ill, & she struggles with her faith as she watches her daughter go through so much suffering. At the end of the movie as she looks back she realizes that miracles had been happening all along. She just didn’t see them. I loved watching her faith evolve over the film. I also loved how her daughter, Annabel, had perfect faith through the whole movie. Faith & wanting to spend some more time bonding with my daughter is what inspired this craft. (FYI: The butterfly also comes from the movie, but I don’t want to give too much away!)

Miracles from Heaven DVD

For this project you’ll need a few supplies…..

supplies

  • stamping blanks (various sizes)
  • trinkets
  • ball chain & clasp
  • small crafting hammer
  • needle nose pliers
  • jump rings
  • tape
  • permanent marker
  • ABC metal stamp set

metal stamping

TIP: To hold your stamping blank in place use a piece of tape.

metal crafts

First, you will place your metal stamp over the spot you want your letter to be.

hammering metal

Give it 3 or 4 hard hits with the hammer. Repeat for each letter.

crafts for girls

When you’re finished go over the letters with a permanent marker, and rub off the excess with a baby wipe or wet napkin. This will make your letters stand out more.

stamping crafts

Use the needle nose pliers to hang faith & a butterfly onto a jump ring.

necklace crafts for kids

Next put your necklace on a chain. That’s it! All done!

faith necklace

movie crafts

Right now when you buy Miracles From Heaven, $1 of your purchase will be donated to the Children's Miracle Network. You can purchase your copy {HERE}.

necklace

diy necklace craft

You can also find Miracles from Heaven on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital at Walmart. I found my copy there.

image1 (6)

Have you seen Miracles From Heaven? Let me know what you thought about the movie in the comments below. What was your favorite part? How many times have you watched it? Do you remember the butterfly part? How do you bond with your kiddos? I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below. :) If you haven’t seen the movie yet, buy your copy {HERE}.

You can find Miracles from Heaven on Amazon Blu-Ray & Walmart Blu-Ray. You can also keep in touch with Miracles from Heaven on facebook, twitter & instagram.

Hand Stamped Necklace at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.