Ginger Snap Crafts: LEGO Travel Tray {tutorial}

LEGO Travel Tray {tutorial}

Hello! I’m sensing a travel theme to this week’s & last week’s blog posts! ha! It’s that time of year, right? While we travel I love to see my kiddos using their imaginations & creativity as we drive. It really helps make those long boring car rides seem fun! One fun game we love to play in the car involves a box of LEGO® Classic blocks. a cookie sheet & some imagination to “build their world” as they look out of the car window. Today I’d love to share how easy it was to make this LEGO Travel Tray that can be used both in the car or at home. Let’s get started!

Lego Travel Tray at GingerSnapCrafts.com

travel with kids

I love that when my kiddos play with LEGOs that they can build anything they want. No matter what your kiddos build it will be right to them! You can literally create anything with a box of LEGOs & a little creativity. LEGO® Classic blocks gives kiddos a blank slate & tons of ideas & jumping off places for lots of creative fun! FYI: You can find 10 sets of LEGO® Classic that range in price from $16.99 to $59.99. LEGOs also make the perfect gift idea for the kiddos in your life!

LEGO Classics

For this LEGO travel tray you will need:

1 box LEGO® Classic
1 cookie sheet
vinyl (yellow, green & black)

First, I cut out some vinyl with my Silhouette. You could also use scissors to cut your vinyl. These are pretty simple shapes.

supplies

Then I covered the bottom of my cookie sheet with a layer of green vinyl (for grass). Use a straight edge to get out any bubbles as you go along.

travel tray

Then I layered a road with yellow on the bottom….

traveling with kids

Annnnnd black on top.

traveling ideas with kids with LEGOS

Then all you’ll need to do is add a box of LEGO® Classic to help your kiddos get creative. Each set includes classic LEGO bricks, some special pieces like wheels & tires and an idea booklet to help you get started. Your kiddos can make houses, cars, trains, buildings, robots and animals. Anything that they want to! I know my kiddos love when I join in the building fun, too! LEGOs are awesome for the whole family!

lego blocks

If your family is looking to add to your LEGO collection or you want to jump on the LEGO bandwagon be sure to look for LEGO® Classic boxes! LEGOs will inspire your child & YOU to start building.

playing with legos

kid toys LEGO

travel with kids

Be sure to check out this fun 60 second video! LEGO Systems and the world famous improv group, The Upright Citizens Brigade, teamed up to show everyone that all you need are a few LEGOs for lots of fun, creativity and “thinking out of the box.” They encourage kids, parents and families to “don’t think” too hard & to just let your creative ideas flow. Have some fun!

 
Let me know if you try to make this LEGO travel tray in the comments below. :)

Lego Travel Tray at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

post-signature-pink_thumb2

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.