Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy DIY Ribbon Storage {tutorial} #ProjectAmazing

Easy DIY Ribbon Storage {tutorial} #ProjectAmazing

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ProjectAmazing #CollectiveBias

Hello! How are you? When the dog days of summer hit, I always like to start a few organizing projects inside the house. Being inside (in the nice cool air!) sure beats being out in the hotness. ha! So I’ve been working on organizing a few things over the last several weeks. One spot that always needs a little bit of organizing is my “craft area”. Do you remember when I turned one wall in our master bedroom into my craft room? You can see that {HERE}.

We all know that Command™ Brand Strips & Hooks offer damage-free hanging solutions for your walls. They always hold on strong & remove cleanly. Buuuut did you know that these products also have a wide variety of uses for all of your craft projects? They are awesome for that! Now you can even find them in the crafting aisle at Walmart. Yay! You can also find lots of Project Amazing ideas using these products right {HERE}. Today I’d love to show you this Easy DIY Ribbon Storage idea using Command™ Picture Hanging Strips. So keep reading!

Easy DIY Ribbon Storage #gingersnapcrafts

ribbon storage ideas at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Before we get to that tutorial let me show you the before pictures. As you can see my ribbon stash was a jumbled mess! I needed some organization help ASAP! ;)

ribbon mess

For this project you will need:
(2) Bekvam spice racks from IKEA
Command™ Picture Hanging Strips
spray paint
Scotch® Titanium Utility Knife
small level

ribbon supplies

First, you will assemble your shelves. It just takes a minute! ;)

ribbon storage with IKEA

I didn’t sand mine, but kind of wished I had. ha! So sand them, if needed.

ribbon shelf

Next I spray painted my shelves outside with 2 coats of paint. Let dry.

ribbon storage projects

Next I applied the Command™ Picture Hanging Strips as directed.

how to hang ribbon shelves

They were just a little bit too wide.
So I easily trimmed them with a Scotch® Titanium Utility Knife.

scotch trimmer

I put the other Command™ Picture Hanging Strips on top. Then trimmed again.

command strips

Then I attached the shelf to the wall. I used a level to make sure it was straight.

how to hang a ribbon shelf DIY

Then I removed my shelf. Rubbed the strips for 30 seconds. Then I waited an hour.

hanging a shelf in your craft room

Then I attached my shelf. Easy! :)

craft room organization

Now the only thing left to do was to fill my shelves with ribbon!
I hadn’t realized how much polka dot ribbon I had! haha!

ribbon storage ideas at GingerSnapCrafts.com

While I was organizing my craft room I decided to make a cute paper banner.

banner

All you need are some pennants. I cut mine out with my Silhouette.
I also needed some cord, mini hole punch & Command™ Clear Hooks.

banner ideas

So all you need to do is punch two holes on each pennant & string them on the cord.

diy banner

I hung the banner up above my giant pegboard using Command™ Clear Hooks. :)

command hooks

I think every craft room needs a pennant banner or two! ;)

ribbon storage ideas #ribbon

So here’s what my “craft room” looks like right now! I love it!

ribbon storage ideas

Remember you no longer have to search all over Walmart for these amazing 3M products. They are now available right in the crafting aisle. You can find both Scotch® Brand & Command™ products there. Look for them! :)

3M at Walmart

What is your most creative idea using Command™ products?
I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below. :)

Check out Project Amazing for more summer project ideas!

Easy DIY Ribbon Storage #gingersnapcrafts

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.