Ginger Snap Crafts: My Tiny Home Office & Getting Ready for Tax Season #Absolute0 #cg

My Tiny Home Office & Getting Ready for Tax Season #Absolute0 #cg

Hello! It’s almost tax time! I know I’m a little bit strange, but I actually look forward to this time of year! I love doing my taxes! One big reason that I have such a good relationship with tax season is because of my great relationship with TurboTax. I have used TurboTax for over 10 years. Once you go with TurboTax you will never go back. I promise! I love how TurboTax empowers me to tackle my own taxes. I love not needing to go to a tax preparation company for our taxes. Annnnd I really love doing my taxes in the comfort of my own home. PJs, anyone? ;) This year TurboTax has launched the Absolute Zero option for those filing a 1040EZ or 1040A federal and state tax returns. Absolute Zero means absolutely no cost to you to use TurboTax. Eek! That’s awesome. (I’ll tell you more in just a bit!) Since we are talking taxes I also thought I’d show you My Tiny Home Office & give you a few tips of how to get organized for tax season. So keep reading!

Tiny Home Office at GingerSnapCrafts.com #livingBIGinasmallhouse

Before I give you more information on the TurboTax Absolute Zero program I thought I share how I keep organized before tax season. Staying organized will make filing your taxes a breeze. You’ll just need to grab your W-2, tax documents & then log into TurboTax. They’ll do the rest. You’ll have your taxes done in no time at all.

#organizing your finances

You need a spot in your home to keep all of your important papers, receipts & other documents. We don’t have a ton of room in our house, and we definitely do not have a home office. I wish! ha! Buuuut I made do! I added these magnetic file folders to the side of our fridge. Annnnd ta-da….a home office. ;) In the top basket I keep our checkbook registers ~ one for our family & one for the blog, a calculator, family budget & a folder for receipts & bills.

home organization

In the middle one I have a folder for each one of our kiddos. I keep things like prescriptions, school report cards, awards, doctor appointments, sports schedules & more inside each of their folders. This section comes in so handy! Here’s a break down of what goes where. Just come up with a system that works for you. :)

home organization

Now one of the most important folders I have is one labeled taxes. As soon as our W-2s come in the mail they go straight into this folder. Nothing is worse than not being able to find your W-2s when it’s time to do taxes!

tax prep

Once all of our W-2s come in it’s time to log into TurboTax! If you are going to be filing a 1040EZ or 1040A you may be eligible for the Absolute Zero deal. Generally those that are eligible to file a 1040EZ or 1040A are ones who are a first-time filer, a student &/or don't have a house or investments. If that applies to you (& it will to 60 million Americans!) ~ you will really want to keep reading. ;)

absolute-zero

TurboTax believes in the power of the individual & in hard-working Americans. They want to save you time and money. They know you work hard for your money! TurboTax believes that you don’t have to be a tax expert to file your own taxes. Buuuut if you do need help the TurboTax experts will be there to help. TurboTax will work hard to find you even more money on top of your refund. They will ensure that you never pay extra to comply with new health care laws or to claim your Earned Income Credit. TurboTax believes that it all starts with you. No one knows your financial situation better than you. Annnnd that makes you the best person to do your taxes. TurboTax wants to help you make your refund the biggest check you receive of the year. Sounds good to me! ;)

turbotax tax help

Absolute Zero means you pay absolutely nothing to file your taxes—from the very beginning to the end. In addition to not paying for state and federal prep, TurboTax will not charge you for any of these features:

  • Claim the Earned Income Credit ($2,300 2013 IRS average)
  • Cover any Affordable Care Act forms
  • Find possible government benefits up to $2,000
  • Get a head start by importing your W-2 
  • Have expert product and audit support

    turbotax

TurboTax really knows how to maximize that refund check, and TurboTax believes you shouldn't pay a thing to get it. They know that every dollar matters & that you’ve worked hard for your money. By the way this is the very first time TurboTax has added free state tax prep! So don’t miss out!

turbotax for free

There's really no catch to Absolute Zero. TurboTax really wants to invest in you, by giving you the power to do your own taxes and help you take control of your finances. TurboTax is here to help—now, and in the future. So, down the road, if you have a baby, buy a house, or make investments, you'll be really comfortable doing your own taxes. Then hopefully you will choose one of their reasonably priced products like Deluxe (That’s the one I use!) or Premier to help you get your taxes done right and still get your maximum refund. I know I’ll be using TurboTax this year! How about you? Do you have any tax season tips? How do you organize your home office? How do you keep up with tax documents? I’d love to hear. Leave a comment below. :)

Tiny Home Office at GingerSnapCrafts.com #livingBIGinasmallhouse

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.

I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.