Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Sports Ribbon {tutorial}

DIY Sports Ribbon {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Offray.

Hello! Happy Friday! Wow! What a week we’ve had! It’s been so cold, & we started off the first part of the week with 5 inches of snow & a couple of days off from school. Buuuut in a few weeks all that snow will be gone, spring will be here & that means soccer season will start! Yay! This year I have 3 kiddos in soccer. Can you say busy? ;) It’s my youngest daughter’s first year to play soccer, and I thought we make something fun for her to wear in her hair this season. So I am excited to share this cute DIY Sports Ribbon I made with some cute Offray ribbon. It was so easy to put together & can easily be customize with your team’s colors. So let’s get started. :)

DIY Sports Ribbon at GingerSnapCrafts.com

You’ll need a few supplies to get started:
ribbon
rubber band
scissors
hot glue & glue gun

Difficulty: Easy
Time: 15 minutes

ribbon supplies

I love the soccer ribbon from Offray, and you already know how much I love polka dots.  ;) I used the same ribbon in my DIY ribbon wreath.

ribbon offray.com

First, you will cut your ribbon into 12 inch pieces. I didn’t really measure ~ just guesstimated. ;) It doesn’t have to be real exact. That’s my kind of project! ;) Using your hot glue gun attach each ribbon to your rubber band by folding over the edge of the ribbon & securing it with the glue.

how to make a sports ponytail holder

Then just keep on going! You can make these as full or as thin as you’d like to. There really is no right way or wrong way to do it. ;)

ribbon ponytail holder with ribbon

To put this in my daughter’s hair I just put her hair in a ponytail using a plain rubber band. Then I put on the ribbon rubber band on top. I love how it turned out, and my daughter can’t wait to wear this in her hair for soccer….when it warms up! ha! ;)

ribbon ponytail holder

It would be fun to make these for the whole team! :)

ribbon ponytail

You can check out more of my Offray ribbon posts by clicking the pictures below.

Ribbon Wreath with Offray.com at GingerSnapCrafts.com #ribbon #craftsDIY Pennant Banner at GingerSnapCrafts.com #pennant #banner #ribbon_thumb

Are you looking forward to spring?
Do you have any fun activities planned?
I’d love to hear. Leave a comment below. :)

DIY Sports Ribbon at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.