Ginger Snap Crafts: Butternut Squash Lasagna from Holly’s Helpings {contributor}

Butternut Squash Lasagna from Holly’s Helpings {contributor}

Hello, Ginger Snap Craft followers! I’m Holly from Holly’s Helpings. I love making easy recipes for any taste or diet. I’m so excited to share with you a butternut squash lasagna recipe that will make even the pickiest eaters happy.

Butternut Squash Lasagna from Holly's Helpings

I first had butternut squash in the form of ravioli. From there, I started trying butternut squash in different recipes (and believe me, I've tried a bunch of butternut squash recipes), but I always go back to my first love: pasta. My attempt to make my own pasta was a touch rough so I haven't attempted to make my own stuffed pasta (yet!). I came up with another way to add butternut squash to pasta: butternut squash lasagna.

Butternut-Squash-Lasagna-3-web

Butternut squash is also a great way to add some extra nutrients to kid's meals and pasta is always an easy way to get them to try something new. I've discovered more vegetables because of pasta than I'd like to admit.

Butternut-Squash-Lasagna-5-web


Butternut Squash Lasagna Recipe:

Ingredients: 9 sheets of lasagna pasta (cook according to instructions or buy oven-ready) 4 cups of your favorite tomato sauce 1/2 medium butternut squash 2 Tbsp olive oil 8 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded 8 oz ricotta (homemade is best) 1/2 cup parmesan divided 1 tsp thyme 1 tsp oregano 1/4 tsp salt

Active time: 20 minutes Passive Time: 50 minutes Servings: 12 servings

Cooking Instructions: Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel the butternut squash cut into thin slices (no more than 1/4 inch). Toss in olive oil and roast in the oven for 10 minutes or sauté in a pan until just fork tender. In a small dish, combine the ricotta, 1/4 cup of the parmesan, thyme, oregano, and salt. In a separate dish, combine the rest of the parmesan and the mozzarella. Add a small amount of the tomato sauce (about 1/2 cup) to just cover the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Layer the lasagna, ricotta mixture, butternut squash slices, about 1/3 of the sauce, and top with some mozzarella. Repeat this 3 times. Add extra cheese on top if you want (I always want). Cover with tin foil and bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove the foil and continue to bake until the cheese on top is browning and looks too good to resist. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before serving.

Butternut-Squash-Lasagna-1-web 
Holly, that really looks amazing! I can’t wait to try it out! Be sure to stop by Holly’s Helpings for more yummy recipes like this one! Yum! :)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.
For project sneak peeks & our crazy family life follow me on instagram.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Holly's Helpings.