Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Reusable Back to School Sign with Cricut {tutorial}

DIY Reusable Back to School Sign with Cricut {tutorial}

This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.

Good morning! Back to school is right around the corner! Annnnnd I love using my Cricut Maker to personalize all the things! :) With my Cricut Maker, I can make cute back to school signs, personalized notebooks, binders, lunch boxes and more. The possibilities are endless! Today I’d love to show you how made this cute DIY Reusable Back to School Sign & a few other easy back to school ideas. Let’s get started. :)

For these projects you will need:
Cricut Premium Vinyl
Cricut Maker
Cricut Glitter Vinyl
Cricut Transfer Tape
Cricut StrongGrip Transfer Tape
Cricut Essential Tool Set
Cricut StandardGrip Mat
8x10 frame
black cardstock
paper trimmer
spiral notebook
storage box
#MA523FBA image in Design Space

Alright, let’s get to these easy tutorials. :)

***To make this back to school sign you’ll need this design from Design Space .*

I used removable white premium vinyl for this project. I love this vinyl because:

  • You can remove it without residue for up to 2 years.
  • It lies nice & flat. So, you can cut with ease & accuracy every time. 
  • It is easy to weed & effortless to apply.

After your vinyl is cut out, carefully begin the weeding process by remove the excess vinyl.

Then use your weeding tool to remove all the tiny pieces inside the letters & shapes.

Next, carefully apply a piece of transfer tape over the top of the vinyl.

Flip it over, and then just as carefully remove the backing paper leaving the vinyl on the transfer tape.

Next grab your frame. I cut a piece of black cardstock to fit my frame & put it inside the frame. Then I applied the vinyl to the front of the glass. Be careful! Place your vinyl carefully into place. Vinyl loves glass! ;) It will stick almost instantly! So, be sure your vinyl is lined up & exactly where you want it before laying it down. Rub gently & then carefully remove the transfer tape leaving the vinyl behind. Easy! :)

To fill in the blanks have your kiddo use a chalk marker. It writes amazingly well on the glass. Use a damp cloth to erase, and you can use this sign again & again for multiple kiddos & over multiple years. This would make a fun first day of school tradition. :)

Snap a picture of your kiddo after they fill it out, and you will have a keepsake to last forever. :)

I also wanted to share two more cute back to school personalization projects with my Cricut Maker with you. I just couldn’t stop once I got started. ha! The first one is how I personalize a plain spiral notebook with some cute vinyl. ***You can find this cute “a unicorn ate my homework” design right here in Design Space.***

For this project, I used both the premium vinyl & glitter vinyl. With the glitter vinyl, you’ll want to use the Cricut StrongGrip Transfer Tape for best results.

First, I applied my regular vinyl then the glitter horn.

The possibilities with this are endless. Your kiddos can even help design their notebooks to exactly how they like! Design Space has thousands & thousands of designs. My son wants me to make him a robot one next! :)

Alright, here is my last idea (for now!). I found these cute locker boxes that have a divided tray on top & with storage underneath. I thought they’d be perfect to hold my kiddos’ school supplies in. ***I found these cute school labels in Design Space right here.***

I simply applied the vinyl inside each compartment.

Isn’t that the cutest thing ever? ;) It makes my heart happy!

In the bottom I put the scissors label. It also has room to hold a few more random things.

My kiddos had fun filling up each spot with their school supplies. I love it! :)

What would you like to personalize for back to school? Let me know! :)

Enjoy these other fun back to school projects. :)

Back to School Photo Prop

Back to School Messenger Bag

10 Back to School Printables

10 Back to School Ideas

Connect with me on facebook or instagram.
Question or comment? Shoot me an email at ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

.