Ginger Snap Crafts: Prayer Rock {tutorial}

Prayer Rock {tutorial}

Good morning! It’s time for another addition of Craft Lightning! You know those fun & easy crafts that can be completed in 15 minutes or less! This month’s theme is painted rocks. You can find a super fun painted rock book over on Amazon right now from one of our fellow bloggers. Check that out here. :) When I first heard this theme….the first idea that popped in my head was a prayer rock! My daughter & I have been working on some Personal Progress goals for our young women program at church. Annnnnd one of the goals we are working on is to remember to say our morning & evening prayers. A prayer rock comes in super handy for that! ;) I’m also sharing a cute poem to go along with it. So, let’s get started!

The only supplies you need for this fun kid craft are rocks (of course!) and paint pens. Paint pens are way less messy to work with & make painting on rocks so, so easy! We found our rocks in the creek behind our house. So we rinsed them off really well to get the dirt off & then let them dry.

Then we just used our imagination to paint away! ;)

Here’s a cute little poem you can print off to go along with the prayer rocks. I made a printable right here. :)

I'm your little prayer rock

and this is what I'll do...

Just put me on your pillow

until the day is through

Then turn back all the covers

and climb into your bed

WHACK! your little prayer rock

will hit you in the head

Then you will remember

as the day is through

To kneel and say your prayers

as you wanted to

And then when you are finished

just dump me on the floor

I'll stay throughout the night

to give you help once more

When you get up in the morning

CLUNK! I'll stub your toe

So you'll remember to say your

morning prayers before you go

Put me back upon your pillow

once your bed is made

And your clever little prayer rock

will continue in your aid

Because your heavenly Father

cares and loves you so

He wants you to remember

to talk to Him, you know?

Author Unknown

Check out these other kid approved crafts that can be done in 15 minutes or less! :)

Toothless Slobber Slime

Hot Glue Crayon Rubbings

Butterfly Suncatchers

Bug Backpack

Homemade Finger Paint

Homemade Play Dough

Check out all the fun painted rock crafts by clicking the button below. :)

Connect with me on facebook or instagram.
Question or comment? Shoot me an email at ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com. :)

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting, I’d love to keep in touch.

.