Ginger Snap Crafts: Hosting a Cinco de Mayo Taco Bar & Party #DelimexFiesta

Hosting a Cinco de Mayo Taco Bar & Party #DelimexFiesta

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
#DelimexFiesta #CollectiveBias

Hola! Our family loves to celebrate! We love having a few friends over, making yummy food & spending time together. Annnd we are from Texas….where a little Tex-Mex & Cinco De Mayo fun is a must! Buuuut I definitely don’t love stressing about the food or the décor beforehand! ha! ;) So today I’m going to show you some of my tricks & tips on throwing an amazing Cinco De Mayo party that your party goers will love! They’ll never realize it just took a little time & creativity to pull it all together. It will be a party with lots of delicious (& easy to make!) Delimex Mexican dishes, dips, a fresh salsa recipe, an easy taco bar, a DIY photo booth & of course, some traditional piñata fun! So let’s get this fiesta started! ;)

Cinco de Mayo Taco Bar & Party at GingerSnapCrafts.com #DelimexFiesta #party

cinco de mayo party #delimexfiesta

The first thing I always do when planning a party is to plan my menu. I love using Delimex Taquitos, Tacos & Tamales in our Cinco De Mayo celebrations. They are also great in my kiddos lunches! #justsayin ;) They are super easy to make, inexpensive & taste great. They were the perfect addition to our fiesta. I also added a taco bar to our menu with lots of fresh veggies, cheese & taco meat. I also planned on two dips (guacamole & fresh salsa) for the Delimex Taquitos & Tacos. I’ll be sharing the fresh salsa recipe in just a bit! It’s yummy!

cinco de mayo & Delimex

After I had the menu squared away, I turn my attention to the decorations. Right now it is super easy to find tons of cute Cinco De Mayo decorations in stores. I picked up some cute mini piñatas to use for the tables for just a few bucks at the craft store. The plates & serving trays I found at the dollar store. I tried to stick with a bright & colorful theme. It’s just so happy & festive & easy to put together!

cinco de mayo party decor

I LOVE keeping the decorations pretty simple & low key. I loved the piñata’s bright colors. So I tried to use these same colors throughout the decorations. It really ties everything together.

cinco de mayo party

You can download the Fiesta Banner I used {HERE}.
You can download the Cinco De Mayo Subway Art I used {HERE}.

delimex taco bar

On the day of the party the set up & food was so easy! I browned my taco meat & put it in a crock pot with taco seasoning & a little bit of water. I turned in on low & set it aside.

Delimex Taco Rolls
After I set out the table decorations I put the Delimex Tamales in the steamer to cook. Then I cut & put out all the veggies & filled the serving trays with the dips, cheese, chips, hard & soft tacos, & then I put the Delimex Taquitos & Tacos in the oven. 

fresh taco bar

We used Mexican Soda for drinks, & I attached cute, colorful straws & mustaches with some washi tape. Adorable!

Cinco De Mayo soda

I found this cute tissue paper pom pom garland at the craft store, too! All I had to do was fluff it & hang it up across the front of the table. Too cute!

cinco de mayo #party

Soon our table was ready for the fiesta! #DelimexFiesta

delimex party food
delimex tamales
delimex

One thing you can make the day before is this yummy Fresh Salsa! It goes perfectly over the Delimex Taquitos & Tacos. :)

Fresh Salsa Recipe at GingerSnapCrafts.com #recipe #salsa

Ingredients:
1 pound of tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1 bunch cilantro
juice from one lime
2 cloves garlic, minced

fresh salsa ingredients

Dice the tomatoes & onions. Cut the cilantro in tiny pieces. Mince the garlic. Combine everything in a large bowl. Squeeze the juice of one lime on top. Stir.

fresh salsa recipe

Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours or overnight. Serve & enjoy! ;)

fresh salsa

Click {HERE} for a printer friendly version. :)

Fresh Salsa Recipe at GingerSnapCrafts.com #recipe #salsa

Now are you ready to see how our party went?? ha! ;) It was definitely fiesta time!

cinco de mayo food ideas

Of course, the food was a hit! Yummy! We also had fun making our own DIY Cinco De Mayo Photo Booth! We had a blast with this one!

Make your own photo booth #photobooth #party

This is so simple to set up! All you need is a blank wall somewhere. We did ours right outside on our deck. I brought out two stools & a basket full of Cinco De Mayo props. Then just let your party goers have fun as you snap pictures. :)

Some prop ideas >>>> mini piñatas, scarfs, sombreros, paper mustaches on a stick, signs, maracas, Mexican blanket

Cinco De Mayo photo booth

Then we always have a piñata at the end of any of our Cinco De Mayo celebrations! How about you? ;)

Cinco De Mayo pinata

This piñata was a little bit different than our normal ones! Everyone took turns pulling a string from the bottom. One string released a trap door, & then all the candy would fall out! I loved that we didn’t have to worry about anyone getting hit with the stick! ha! ;)

cinco de mayo party

Happy Cinco De Mayo!!!!

pinata

Remember you can find the Delimex Mexican dishes at Walmart.

Delimex in the freezer section

Do you celebrate Cinco de Mayo? I’d love to hear your traditions & favorite recipes. Leave a comment below! Also, be sure to check out this page with tons of yummy ideas using Delimex dishes. :)

Cinco de Mayo Taco Bar & Party at GingerSnapCrafts.com #DelimexFiesta #party

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.