Ginger Snap Crafts: Mini Snow Cone Cake Topper {tutorial}

Mini Snow Cone Cake Topper {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Make It Fun Crafts®.

Hello! Last month I told you the exciting news about my new partnership with Make It Fun Crafts. This month we are having a “ball”! ha! ;) The theme for this month is celebrations, & we are all sharing fun ideas using FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® Foam Balls. Be sure to follow the #makeitfuncrafts hashtag to see more. Our family loves to celebrate. Every year when school gets out we have a little summer celebration. So today I am going to show you how to make this Mini Snow Cone Cake Topper that is perfect for a summer party. It turned out so cute! So let’s get started. :)

Mini Snow Cone Cake Topper at GingerSnapCrafts.com #party #partyideas #makeitfuncrafts

First, you’ll need a few supplies. :)

Supplies:
FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® 1 1/2 in. Foam Balls
FloraCraft® Make It: Fun® StyroGlue®
twine
paper straws
sprinkles
hot glue & glue gun
safety pins
wire cutters
white cardstock
cone template (I used this one from the Silhouette online store.)

supplies

First, I hot glued the foam balls into the paper cones.

tiny snow balls

Next I poured some glue & sprinkles in separate bowls. Since I was hanging this garland over a cake I used cake sprinkles instead of glitter. I’d rather have sprinkles accidently fall on top of my cake than glitter! ha! ;)

summer celebrations

Using the paint brush I put a very thin layer of glue on the foam ball. Then I dipped the foam balls into the sprinkles.

snow cones

To make the hooks to string the twine through I just used safety pins. I cut of the end piece off with wire cutters & then pushed them into the top of the mini snow cone. (see above picture)

how to make mini snow cones

Then I strung the mini snow cones onto a piece of twine. I tied a knot at each one so my snow cones wouldn’t slide around. Then using two paper straws I stuck it in the top of my cake! Cute! :)

cake topper

Annnnd while we are celebrating. ha! :) I thought I’d show you how to make a colorful checkerboard cake! First, I made 4 round cakes  in all different colors.

4 layer cake

Then using a large circle cookie cutter I swapped out the middles.

colorful cake #cake

Then I stacked them & iced as normal.

rainbow cake

Annnd when we cut the cake we had a fun surprise! My kiddos love it! :)

checkerboard cake

Now bring out some colorful decorations, some snow cone supplies & add your cake! Now you have a fun summer celebration party all ready to go! Enjoy! :)

snow cone party

Do you have any fun family traditions?
What are some things you like to celebrate?
I’d love to hear! Leave a comment below. :)

Mini Snow Cone Cake Topper at GingerSnapCrafts.com #party #partyideas #makeitfuncrafts

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.