Ginger Snap Crafts: Snow Kissed Pine Cone Wreath {tutorial}

Snow Kissed Pine Cone Wreath {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by DecoArt.

Hello! I actually shared this post last year over on the DecoArt blog. So I thought it was about time that I shared it over here. ha! My front door is now black by the way. I’m kind of missing the red after seeing these pictures though! ;)

I so love this time of year! I have so much fun decorating my home, and I have always wanted to make a pine cone wreath for my front door. I just love the rustic look of pine cones, and they are perfect for this time of year. Also I grew up in East Texas, and pine trees are everywhere! Pine cones just remind me of home! :) This wreath was super simple to put together, and I love the white snow kissed look along with the natural rustic pine cones & the burlap ribbon. Annnnd it looks great on my red door!

Snow Kissed Pine Cone Wreath with DecoArt Snow-Tex

For this project you’ll need a few supplies:
pine cones
large pieces of potpourri
wire wreath form
twine
hot glue & glue gun
Glistening Snow-Tex from DecoArt
foam stencil brush
burlap ribbon

snow-tex glittering snow
I love the Glistening Snow-Tex. It is awesome! It’s almost as good as the real stuff! Plus it doesn’t melt! Ha! :) It works perfectly for adding a bit of snow to your winter projects.

snow-tex glittering snow Decoart

Assembling the wreath was pretty easy besides from the pine cones being a little pokey. Ha! ;) I’m sure there are a million different ways to do this. I just cut pieces of twine, & then I threaded the twine through the bottom of each pine cone, & then tied them to my wire wreath.

snow tex fake snow

Keep adding pine cone after pine cone until you make it all the way around your wreath form.

wreath with snow tex

Once I got all the way around my wreath I used the hot glue gun to glue on smaller pine cones & pieces of potpourri to fill in any gaps or holes. There really isn’t any right or wrong way to do this. Just keep adding pine cones until it looks complete. ;)

wreath with pine cones

Then I got my foam stencil brush, & I used that to apply the Glistening Snow-Tex. I just dabbed in onto the pine cones. I put a little more on the top of the pine cones where actually snow would settle to make it look even more realistic.

snow tex from DecoArt

Then I added a big burlap wreath to the side & hung it on my front door! :) I love how it turned out! It’s perfect for this time of year, and it can even stay on my door after the holidays!

Update: After Christmas last year I actually took all the pine cones off this wreath & stored them. Now I have them in a huge basket by our fireplace. I still love my snow kissed pine cones! :)

DIY pine cone wreath

DecoArt Snow-tex
Snow Kissed Pine Cone Wreath with DecoArt Snow-Tex

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.