Ginger Snap Crafts: Joy to the World Block {tutorial}

Joy to the World Block {tutorial}

This post was first seen over at The Crafting Chicks.
 
Hello! It’s Friday! It’s my kiddos’ last day of school before Christmas break. Yay! Annnnd I *think* I have all the Christmas shopping done! Whew! ;) I’ll be taking the next two weeks off from blogging so I can enjoy the holidays with my family. I’ll try to keep you updated on the latest happenings over on instagram. I’ll also have a special {wow me} wednesday party that will go live next week & two post scheduled for next week ~ one recipe & one final craft. So stay tuned for that. :) I also have one final project before I take off for this week. :) This Joy to the World block is so, so easy to put together. Shhhh! These are actually our neighbor gifts this year. ;) We can make a bunch at once, they are really inexpensive to make, & they turn out super cute. So keep reading to get the tutorial. :)

 
You'll need a few supplies to get started:
  • 2x4 cut into a 7 inch block
  • this image from the Silhouette store
  • Joy to the World vinyl (cut with my Silhouette)
  • white acrylic paint or spray paint
  • sand paper
  • ribbon
 
First I painted my block white. It took two coats of paint, & then I let it dry really well. Then I distressed it slightly with some sand paper.
 
 
Then I applied my vinyl lettering. If you have never applied vinyl lettering before you can check out this tutorial. Just a warning~ it's addictive! ;) I'll vinyl almost anything. ha! :)
 
 
Finally I tied a ribbon around the top! That's it! I told you this was quick & easy! ;)
 
 
I think our neighbors are going to LOVE them. ;)
 
 
 
Enjoy some of my favorite Christmas posts. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!
Thank you so much for reading my blog. :)
 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.