Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Oh Deer! Canvas {tutorial}

DIY Oh Deer! Canvas {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Silhouette.

Good morning! How was your Thanksgiving? Wonderful & filling (ha!) like mine was I hope. ;) We put up our Christmas decorations on Sunday. Yep! It was time. :) My kiddos were so excited. We even had a little bit of Snowman Soup to celebrate when we were done. I have been working on some Christmas decorations for the past couple of weeks though. Thanks to this little blog of mine. :) Annnnd I am in love with this super cute Oh Deer! Canvas. This project was so easy to put together, cost under $5 & I love how it turned out. So keep reading to see how I made it using my Silhouette. (Have you seen the Silhouette Black Friday sales event? It’s good!)

Oh Deer! Canvas at GingerSnapCrafts.com #Silhouette #SilhouetteRocks #Christmas #crafts

Oh Deer Canvas

For this project you’ll need a few supplies:
8X10 canvas
gold Silhouette vinyl
red Silhouette vinyl
Mod Podge (optional)

canvas craft

First I cut this image out with my Silhouette in the gold vinyl.
FYI~ I removed his “eye” by ungrouping the image before I cut it out.
I also cut a small red circle in red vinyl for his red nose, too.

canvas crafts

Then I weeded my vinyl. Using this hook for the small parts.

canvas vinyl craft

Then I put some clear transfer tape on top, and then I removed the paper backing.

canvas deer craft

Then I applied my deer to the canvas. Take it slow!

canvas applying vinyl

That scarf!!! I love it!!! :)

canvas vinyl deer

Then I added his cute little red nose!

canvas rudolf

Since vinyl doesn’t “love” canvas as much as other things (glass, wood, paper, etc.)
I put a coat of Mod Podge on top of the vinyl using a foam brush. Then I let it dry.

canvas & mod podge

It’s even cuter in real life. I’m so excited to add it to our Christmas décor this year.

Oh Deer Canvas

Don’t forget about the Silhouette Black Friday Sales Event.
You can snag these deals until Dec. 8th! So hurry!
Shop {HERE} & use the code GINGERSNAP at checkout. :)

Silhouette black friday sale event

1416265080GUqOXj1416265000Nxmffa1416265192gQP2d214162651653msolE
For more Silhouette tutorials go {HERE}.

Oh Deer! Canvas at GingerSnapCrafts.com #Silhouette #SilhouetteRocks #Christmas #crafts

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.