Ginger Snap Crafts: 2x4 Snowmen {tutorial} & a free Silhouette cut file

2x4 Snowmen {tutorial} & a free Silhouette cut file

This post was first seen over on Design Dazzle as part of their Christmas Wonderful series.

Hello! Happy Friday to you! :) This week has flown by for me. How about you? Annnd I am so glad that the weekend is here. Yay! We are finally going to get some sunshine, too. It’s been cloudy, cold & a little bit rainy all week long. I need some sun! ;) I don’t know about you, but for me the holidays are the perfect time for a little bit of crafting. It just isn’t Christmas without some crafts involved! So today I am excited to share this 2x4 Snowmen tutorial with you & a Silhouette cut file so you can make these, too. They are so easy to make & soooooooo cute, too. They are the perfect winter craft. So let’s get started. :)

2x4 Snowmen Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #gingersnapcrafts #tutorial

650 supplies to make snowmen

You’ll need a few supplies to get started:
2×4 cut into 6 inch & 7 inch blocks
sand paper & sander
white acrylic paint
foam brushes
fabric scraps
fabric scissors
vinyl snowmen faces (I’ll share a cut file at the end of this post.)
decoupage or Mod Podge
fine white glitter

vinyl snowman face

First, you will sand your blocks slightly knocking off any rough edges. They don’t have to be totally smooth. Then you’ll paint the blocks white. I did two coats of paint. Letting the blocks dry between coats. After your blocks are completely dry add you vinyl face.

650 glitter crafts

Then put a thin layer of decoupage on your block. TIP: You could also use watered down Elmer’s glue! Sprinkle the glitter over your blocks. Shake off any excess. I tried to avoid the vinyl face when putting on the glitter & decoupage! I didn’t want glitter hiding that cute face! ;)

650 easy kids craft

Set your blocks aside & let dry. Meanwhile you can make your snowmen’s scarfs. I just used some flannel looking fabric scraps I had. Cut a piece of fabric about an inch wide & about 21 inches long. Fringe the edges with a sharp pair of scissors. Then after your snowmen have dried tie their scarf around their necks. Isn’t that the cutest thing ever? I kind of love my set!

snowman tutorial

These would make perfect neighbor gifts, teacher gifts or make a set or two for yourself! They would also make a great project for a craft night. What I love about these is that you can leave them out all the way through January! You’ll get a lot of use from these cute little snowmen! :)

snowmen tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com

You can download the snowman face right {HERE}.
Or you can click on the picture below.

Snowman Face ~ Free Silhouette Cut File at GingerSnapCrafts.com
Don’t forget the Silhouette Black Friday Event is still going on!
You can get amazing bundles & 40% off most everything
in the Silhouette online store using the code GINGERSNAP.
More details right {HERE}, & you can shop {HERE} until Dec. 8th.

Silhouette black friday sale event

Have a wonderful weekend! :)

2x4 Snowmen Tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #gingersnapcrafts #tutorial

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.