Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Pennant Banner {tutorial}

DIY Pennant Banner {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Offray.

Hello! This week is flying by! Today my younger two & I are going to be riding the Santa Train. We can’t wait! My little man has been counting down the days! ;) He is so excited. I haven’t told my daughter she’s going yet. I’ll tell her when she wakes up this morning. I love being a little sneaky! ;) Last week we officially decorated for Christmas at our house. We have two trees up this year. It’s been so fun decorating our home. I’ve made a few things to add to the décor, & today I am so excited to be bring you a fun & easy tutorial for this DIY Pennant Banner. I made this using some burlap wire edged ribbon from Offray. Yes, ribbon! It worked perfectly! So keep reading to see how I made it. :)

DIY Pennant Banner at GingerSnapCrafts.com #pennant #banner #ribbon

banner

You’ll need just a few supplies to get started:
burlap ribbon, wired edged
twine
hot glue & glue gun
scissors

supplies

First, you will cut two 4 inch pieces of ribbon (per pennant) into strips.

banner tutorial

Then using your scissors cut two 45°ish angles off each end going in opposite directions.

banner tutorial with ribbon

Then using your hot glue gun put glue along one edge of the ribbon.

banner pennant

Then carefully put your other piece of ribbon on top of the glue. Press down.

banner pennant with wire ribbon

Flip your pennant over, & then fold the straight edge down about 1/4 of an inch.

banner tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com

Repeat for however many pennants you’d like to have. I had 5 for my banner. Then using your hot glue gun again you will glue your pennants to the twine by sticking the twine inside the fold & then securing it with the glue.

banner with hot glue

Flip it back over, and your pennant banner is finished. Wasn’t that easy? ;)

banner tutorial with Offray ribbon

I attached my pennant banner to a white washed burlap canvas I had used last year on our front door. I removed the old vinyl & painted it a light blue color with chalk paint. Then I hung the pennant banner across it by hot gluing the end pieces of twine to the back of the canvas. I love how it turned out! So cute! Annnnd I can keep using this pennant banner after the holidays, too!

banner tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com

I love this little area of our home. Did you notice my new bench? :)
You can see what this spot looked like decked out for fall {HERE}.

banner

Don’t forget to check out Offray.com! Offray is the leading brand for washable, dry cleanable and colorfast ribbon. They offer a HUGE selection of all ribbon types and widths that will be perfect for your crafting & sewing projects & more. You can also order supplies & see some fun tutorials on their site. Follow them on Pinterest for even more ideas! I know I do! :)

DIY Pennant Banner at GingerSnapCrafts.com #pennant #banner #ribbon

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.