Ginger Snap Crafts: Easy & Fun Halloween Blocks {tutorial}

Easy & Fun Halloween Blocks {tutorial}

This post was first seen over on I Dig Pinterest as part of their Halloween Extravaganza Series. Make sure you catch all the post in the series by going {HERE}.
 
Hello! I’m am so excited to be sharing a cute & easy Halloween tutorial with all of YOU. :) I love simple & easy crafts. Annnnd these easy & fun Halloween Blocks are definitely super easy to put together. Plus they are super cute! ;) You'll only need a few supplies, too. So keep reading to see how I did it. :)
 
 
For this project you’ll need a few supplies:
wood blocks
craft paint
foam brushes
vinyl lettering
Mod Podge (optional)

 
For my blocks I used these wooden blocks I had bought quite a while ago from one of those daily deal sites. I’m glad I finally decided to use them. ha! ;) You could also use a 2x2 board cut into smaller blocks. My blocks were not cut all the same size. Some were a little taller & some were a little shorter. Some were a little wider & some a little skinnier. Have fun ~ mix them up! ;)
 
 
I cut my letters using white vinyl & my Silhouette using the “An Accidental Kiss” font. If you do it this way make sure you measure your blocks carefully. Since each block is a different size it makes a difference on how big your letters need to be. (If you don’t have a digital craft cutter you could use a stencil, paint marker or order vinyl letters online.)
 
 
For this project I used the Americana Multi-Surface Satin paint from DecoArt in eggplant, school bus, apple green, poppy & black tie. I painted my blocks with a foam brush putting about 2 to 3 coats of paint on each block. Then I let them dry.
 
 
Then I applied my vinyl letters. You can put a coat of Mod Podge on top if you like. That's it! Easy peasy! :)
 
 
I love how this project turned out ~ not too spooky or scary & with colors that are perfect for a Happy Halloween! I also love how the white letters really pop against the colorful blocks! :)
 
 
You can check out some of my favorite Halloween projects below. :)
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.