Ginger Snap Crafts: I Love Fall Wood Blocks & a Fall Blog Hop

I Love Fall Wood Blocks & a Fall Blog Hop

Hello! It’s Monday, Monday! ;) This past weekend I actually braved the attic & drug out some of our fall holiday décor! ;) So we are slowly getting in the swing of things around here and out of denial that it isn’t summer anymore. ;) I’ve also hung this sign by my front door. It’s cute! :) Annnnd I’ve bought a gazillion mums & pumpkins! If you are in the need of some fall inspiration, too then you have come to the right place! Today I’m teaming up with 75+ of my favorite bloggers to bring you a Fall Harvest blog hop. So you’ll need to scroll down to the bottom of this post to see of that fabulousness! You can also follow along with the hashtag #FallHarvestIdeas as well. As part of the blog hop I am sharing these simple I Love Fall Wood Blocks with you! So keep reading to see how I made these. :)

I love Fall Wood Blocks tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #fall #wood #vinyl #SilhouettePortrait

fall ideas for your home

You’ll need a few supplies to get started:
2x6 cut into (4) 4 3/4 inch blocks
cut 1 1/2 inches off one of blocks to make two pieces
sand paper
MinWax Wood Finish ~ Special Walnut
rubber gloves
old rag
vinyl lettering

fall block tutorial

After you cut the wood, sand it & then apply one coat of wood stain using an old rag. Don’t forget to wear some rubber gloves to protect your hands. Let dry.

minwax wood finish in special walnut

After your blocks have dried for 24 hours or so you can apply the vinyl lettering. I love the white letters next to the warm wood tone. You can see how to apply vinyl lettering right {HERE}. <<<< You can also see my cute DIY Halloween Sign there, too! ;)

making fall blocks

For now I have the blocks on this little shelf by our back door. :)

fall ideas for your home

Does this spot look familiar?

fall decor for your home #bloghop

A few weeks ago I showed you my blank slate. ;) I’m slowly getting this room decorated. This bench actually belongs in our laundry/mud room. I’m redoing a bench that I inherited from my grandfather that will go here. So I’ll give you an update on that when that’s finished. :) I also moved the rug that was in this room into the living room & got a new rug. I can’t make up my mind! :)

before & after

I've teamed up with a group of 75 bloggers to share tons of Fall Harvest Ideas with you! From crafts, to recipes, to home decor and more...we have you covered for Fall inspiration!

75 Fall Harvest Ideas
Check the gallery below and visit some of my blogging friends to see their awesome ideas!!

I love Fall Wood Blocks tutorial at GingerSnapCrafts.com #fall #wood #vinyl #SilhouettePortrait

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.