Ginger Snap Crafts: Modern Clippie Holder {tutorial} #makeitfuncrafts

Modern Clippie Holder {tutorial} #makeitfuncrafts

This post is brought to you by FloraCraft®. #makeitfuncrafts

Hello! How are you? Are you ready for the week to begin? I’m kind of wishing the weekend would last just a little bit longer! Ours was perfect. :) Not long ago I received a box of heads in the mail! Yes, heads! It was a fun box from FloraCraft®, & my box was full of some fun craft supplies, too. It also came with a crafty challenge to make something out of a head or two. Annnd I’d get extra points (ha!) if it wasn’t Halloween related! Hmmmmm…..what to do!??! It didn’t take me too long to come up with this modern clippie holder to organize all of my girls clippies & hair bows. My youngest daughter loves this! So keep reading to see how I made it. :)

Modern Clippie Holder at GingerSnapCrafts.com #makitfuncrafts #craftchallenge

head project for clippies

For this project you’ll need a few supplies. :)

FloraCraft® Foam Head
FloraCraft Design It:® Simple Style Glitter Organza in Black
white acrylic paint
black acrylic paint
foam paint brush
foam circle dauber brush
wood circle
hot glue gun & glue sticks

supplies

Tip: FloraCraft® foam heads are sold in Jo-Ann Stores and Michaels Stores. :)

#makeitfuncrafts

The first thing I did was paint my wood circle with the black acrylic paint. This is going to be the base of our project.

foam head craft
Then I painted a coat of white paint onto my foam head. Then I let everything dry completely.

painting a foam head #makeitfuncrafts

Then I used a circle foam dauber to paint black polka dots all over the head. We are redecorating our girl’s room with a black & white décor. So this is going to go perfect!

painting polka dots

Once everything was good & dried ~ it was time to glue. I used some hot glue to glue the foam head to my wood circle.

hair clippie organization

Then I tied a big bow on with the FloraCraft Design It:® Simple Style Organza in black.

clippie and hair bow organization

Then to use this a clippie storage we just clipped all of our bows & barrettes to the organza. Super cute! :)

hair bow storagehair clips storage for girls black and white decor

For more fun & creative ideas make sure you check out Make It Fun Crafts. :)

Modern Clippie Holder at GingerSnapCrafts.com #makitfuncrafts #craftchallenge

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.