Ginger Snap Crafts: Simple & Hearty Chili from The Turquoise Home {contributor}

Simple & Hearty Chili from The Turquoise Home {contributor}

Hi there! I'm Laura from The Turquoise Home. I love to create fun crafts, share my old family recipes and create my own furniture, all while giving my home a personal, custom look on a budget! I'd love for you to come and visit sometime! Thank you so much for having me today, Ginger!

It's no secret that I love Fall. I mean really, really love it! I mean, I've had my mantel decked out since the end of August. No lie. See, I told you I loved Fall! :) And I recently filled my home with all things Autumn and did a whole house tour! When I think of this wonderful season my mind often wanders to images of thick socks, beautifully colored leaves, cozy blankets, watching football together with friends and family, and eating yummy chili ... topped with cheese and sour cream. Scrumptious!

simple-hearty-chili-recipe-682x1024

I wanted to share my family's chili recipe with you today, you know in case you need something delicious to eat. I love making this when I'm having a party at my house, or my family is together for the holidays.

Family-Friendly Chili Recipe

It's always such a huge hit and I get a lot of compliments on how yummy it is. I think the green chilies and hot sauce add a little kick without making it too hot.

Simple & Hearty Chili {a family favorite!}

Ingredients: 2 lb. ground beef 2 onions, chopped 1 Tbsp. minced garlic 1 Tbsp. cumin 1 Tbsp. dried oregano leaves 2 tsp. chili powder 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce 2 tsp. salt a few dashes of hot sauce 1 large can of diced tomatoes {I use petite diced} 1 can green chilies 2 can light red kidney beans

Instructions: 1. Saute meat, onions and garlic. Drain grease. 2. Add next 6 ingredients. 3. Cover with water and simmer for 1 hour. 4. Add tomatoes and green chilies and simmer for 10 minutes. 5. Add beans and heat. 6. Top with cheese, sour cream and corn chips. 7. Enjoy!

Serves 6-8

This would be an easy recipe to cut in half if you have a small family. But even though I only have three people in my family, I always make the large recipe and eat leftovers or freeze them for a quick dinner later on in the week {or month}.

Easy-to-freeze Chili Recipe

I love being able to pull dinner out of the freezer and have it ready to go in minutes!

Fall Mantel and 11 Ways to Add Fall to Your Home

11 Ways to Add Fall to Your Home // Fall Mantel Reveal

Thanks again, Ginger, for allowing me to share my Chili Recipe today. And thank YOU for reading. I would love to have you come over to The Turquoise Home for a visit. And you can always join in on the fun at Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Google + or Twitter. Have a great day!!

TTHlogo2hellolaurasmall

Laura, that sounds delicious!
I love Laura’s blog! Make sure you stop by!
You won’t be disappointed, I promise! ;)

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by The Turquoise Home.