Ginger Snap Crafts: Polka Dotted Pumpkin ~ Glass Painting {tutorial}

Polka Dotted Pumpkin ~ Glass Painting {tutorial}

This post is brought to you by Decoart.

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a fabulous weekend! We woke up Saturday to rain & cooler weather so it was perfect to snuggle up on the couch, pop some popcorn & watch our Church’s General Conference. It happens twice a year in April & October. You can watch it or read about it here. Definitely some of my favorite weekends of the year. :) #ldsconf

I also had a little time to do a little crafting this weekend, too! Yay! I had a plain glass pumpkin that I made over into a super cute polka dotted pumpkin using Americana Multi-Surface Paint. (These paints are awesome because they can be used on just about any surface ~ fabric, wood, metal & even glass!) Keep reading to see how easy this polka dotted pumpkin was to make! :)

Polka Dotted Pumpkin #gingersnapcrafts #decoart #multisurfacepaint #spon

polka dotted pumpkin tutorial #spon

For this project you will need:

  • glass pumpkin (I bought mine for $5 at Walmart.)
  • Americana Multi-Surface Paint in Pumpkin Patch (Perfect name, huh?)
  • foam brush
  • ribbon (I ended up using some tulle, too.)
  • vinyl dots or stickers (Mine were about an inch across.)
  • rubbing alcohol

supplies #spon

To make the see through polka dots I first put vinyl dots in random spots all over my pumpkin.

polka dots on a pumpkin #spon

Before I started painting I cleaned the glass pumpkin with some rubbing alcohol.

painting a glass pumpkin tutorial #spon

Painting Tip: Do you notice the tuna can under my pumpkin? haha! I always use food cans to hold up my object that I’m paint. It works really well. ;)

Americana Multi-Surface Paint #spon

Then I started painting. On the bottle it said to use 1 or 2 coats but I did about 5-6 coats! It took a little bit to get good coverage. ;) The good thing is this paint dries really fast, so it didn’t really take that long.

painting a glass pumpkin for Halloween #tutorial #decoart #spon

After the paint had dried, I carefully removed the vinyl dots that I had painted over, & then I added a few white vinyl dots on my pumpkin for some variety. Then I tied a bow with ribbon & tulle around the top. Isn’t it cute? :) Now I can fill it with some Halloween candy or cookies! Oh & speaking of candy if you’d like a coupon for some Snickers or Milky Way unwrapped bites you can go here. :)

painted glass pumpkin #sponpumpkin paintingPolka Dotted Pumpkin #gingersnapcrafts #decoart #multisurfacepaint #spon

For more pumpkin ideas you can click on the pictures below!

colorful pumpkin tutorial from Ginger Snap Crafts

easy metallic pumpkin tutorial

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.