Ginger Snap Crafts: DIY Shadow Box Jewelry Organizer with DecoArt

DIY Shadow Box Jewelry Organizer with DecoArt

I am a member of the DecoArt Core Blogger program. The post is brought to you by DecoArt.

Do you remember my master bedroom makeover from a few months back? Well, I had bought this cute shadow box to use in my room, and I didn’t end up using it. So it’s been sitting with my craft stuff waiting for me to use it for something! :)

When I first started blogging a shared my DIY jewelry organizer (which has worked out great for the past year or so), but it was time for a change! ha! ;) So I turned my shadow box into another easy DIY jewelry organizer, and I am loving my new DIY Shadow Box Jewelry Organizer. So far it is working out great. I used some awesome DecoArt SoSoft fabric paint to add a fun chevron print to the back, too! Keep reading to see how I made it! :)

Shadow Box Jewelry Organizer #gingersnapcrafts #decoart #tutorial #organization

DIY Jewelry Organizer with DecoArt
I added another hook after I took this picture! ha! Anyways, for this project you’ll need: a shadow box*, vinyl chevron pattern or painter’s tape, 3M Command Hooks, DecoArt SoSoft Fabric paint & a foam stencil brush.

*I found this shadow box at Hobby Lobby. Use a coupon because they can be a little pricey!

supplies to make your own jewelry organizer
I love this fabric paint! I used it on my daughter’s 4th of July shorts. I love that it dries “soft”. Your fabric isn’t stiff at all! It will work great for all of your fabric projects. :)

DecoArt SoSoft Pearl Fabric Paint #decoart

First I took my shadow box apart. My shadow box came with a cloth cover board. So I used this to paint my chevron print on.

shadow box into a jewelry organizer

I applied the vinyl on the cloth, and then I just gently “tapped” the paint on with a foam stencil brush. The vinyl doesn’t really want to stick to the fabric. So just take it nice and easy. You don’t want your vinyl moving around on you. So by gently tap the paint on, and it should work just fine! (If you don’t have vinyl, you could use painter’s tape to make this same pattern.)

chevron print
Before the paint is even dried, you’ll carefully & slowly remove the vinyl. Then touch up any spots you might of missed. I missed a few! ;)

stenciling on fabric
After the paint was dry, I reassembled my shadow box.

chevron jewelry organizer
Then I grabbed some of these general purpose 3M Command Hooks. Love these! :)

diy jewelry organizer
Then I tried to figure out how I wanted my hooks to be. It took me a little while to figure out exactly how I wanted them!

jewelry organizer with 3m command strips
Once I got that figured out, I hung up my jewelry!

make your own jewelry organizer

This was a pretty easy little project, and I really love how it turned out. I don’t know why it took me so long to get it done! ha! :)

diy organizer
Yes, I’m a little obsessed with The Vintage Pearl. ha! You can never have enough personalized jewelry, you know! ;)

Shadow Box Jewelry Organizer #gingersnapcrafts #decoart #tutorial #organization

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

I was given product & compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.
This project & post were created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.