Ginger Snap Crafts: {root beer} BBQ sandwich {recipe} #DibsOnMyRibs #CBias

{root beer} BBQ sandwich {recipe} #DibsOnMyRibs #CBias

{If you are looking for {wow me} wednesday click HERE or scroll down.}

root beer BBQ sandwich with Kraft BBQ sauce

Last Wednesday I told you about my plans to attend
the Dibs On My Ribs Cook-Off Event & BBQ Contest.
I’ll share some pictures of the event in this post {keep reading!}
& there’s even more pictures {HERE} if you would like to see them!
{You’re not going to believe what we woke up to the day of the event!}
Before I get to that, all this talk about BBQ recipes, #DibsOnMyRibs
& cook-offs made me crave some yummy BBQ made with Kraft BBQ sauce!

kraft original bbq sauce

Now I’m not one to fire up the grill too often,
but I do from time to time fire up my crock pot! ha!
Today I’d love to share our {root beer} BBQ sandwich recipe.
{Inspired by this one from THE Betty Crocker.}
For this recipe I used Kraft original BBQ sauce.
I love the smooth, smoky flavor of this BBQ sauce.
It really adds the full flavor of BBQ to your meal.

ingredients for root beer BBQ chicken

4 chicken breast
2 cups of Kraft original BBQ sauce
1 cup of root beer
dash of pepper

#dibsonmyribs    BBQchickenrecipe

You’ll mix 2 cups of Kraft BBQ sauce and 1 cup of root beer in a bowl.

dinner recipe

Then put the chicken breast in the crock pot
& pour the BBQ sauce over the top with a dash of pepper.

bbq recipe   shredded chicken

Cook on high for one hour & then low for 4-6 hours until the chicken is nice & tender.
Take the chicken out & shred the chicken with a fork.
Then I put the shredded chicken back into the BBQ sauce.

@cbias

Serve on a whole wheat bun with chips & fresh fruit….

root beer bbq with kraft

….annnd a big glass of ice cold root beer, of course! :)

Root Beer BBQ Chicken with Kraft BBQ sauce

My family LOVED this recipe!  Yummy!

eating BBQ

OK…are you ready to hear what we woke up
to the morning of the #DibsOnMyRibs BBQ Cook-Off??
Rain!!! It was not just a little rain either…it was pouring!  Ugh!

#dibsonmyribs event

They had gone to so much work putting it all together.
Look at some of the tents they had set up.
Buuuuut you know what they say…the show must go on.
Yay! So they moved all the activities inside. 
We were treated to a wonderful concert from the country duo Joey+Rory.

joey rory   country music and bbq

They were awesome, fun and had such wonderful voices!
We even got to listen to their daughter who’s an up & coming singer. 

#dibsonmyribs kraft bbq sauce

Annnd as you can see the rain didn’t stop the BBQ contestants.
They were hard at work cooking up some delicious BBQ recipes.

Here’s a big shout out to the 6 finalist!  Great job, everyone!

Indoor:
Sandi S.
Norman, OK
Apple Orchard Delight Chipotle & Honey-Kissed Ribs

Rebecca R.
Henderson, NV
Fiery Pineapple Ribs

Noelle M.
Grand Forks, ND
Mongolian Ribs

Outdoor:
Jeanette N.
Crab Orchard, WV
Spicy Honey-of-a-Peach Bourbon Pork Ribs

Jim R.
Salem, IL
Not'cher Pappy's Pork Ribs

Paul B.
Lake Havasu City, AZ
Smokin' Good Pecan Spareribs with Corn and Butter

Do you have a favorite BBQ recipe?
Do you grill {or use a crock pot like me ha!}?

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

 


 

I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community.  This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.