Ginger Snap Crafts: Ooey Gooey Cake {cake recipe} #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias

Ooey Gooey Cake {cake recipe} #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias

#CoolWhipFrosting

My birthday was this week!  Yay!  Happy Birthday to me!
Birthdays are so much fun…just don’t like the getting older part. ha!
Lately we have been making cupcakes for everyone’s birthday,
but for my birthday this year we decided to make a cake.
This is one of my family’s favorite dessert recipes
~ Ooey Gooey Cake made with Cool Whip Frosting.

Cool Whip Frosting

We usually use regular Cool Whip for the “frosting” but I just heard that Cool Whip has #CoolWhipFrosting available at Walmart.  Yum! I wanted try it out so I headed to Walmart to pick some up.  {You can see my entire shopping trip over on google+.}

#CoolWhipFrosting #CBias

For this cake recipe you’ll need:
Cool Whip Frosting {vanilla}
chocolate cake mix
3 eggs
vegetable oil
water
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar of caramel ice cream topping
2 Heath candy bars

making a cake

First you’ll mix your cake mix up according to the directions on the box.
Adding the eggs, oil & water.  Stir.  Cook as directed. {Don’t you love my helper?}

chocolate cake

While the cake is still slightly warm you’ll poke holes
in the cake all over with the end of a wooden spoon.

ooey gooey chocolate cake with Cool Whip frosting

Then you’ll pour your sweetened condensed milk & caramel over the cake.
Set your cake in the refrigerator for a few hours so it can get all nice & gooey.

cake recipe

After you take your cake out, you’ll then frost it with the Cool Whip Frosting.

cake with cool whip frosting

Sprinkle the top with crushed up Heath candy bars. Yum!

heath bar topping on a cake

This cake is so yummy & sweet you don’t even need to serve it with ice cream.
It is perfect just the way that it is! Yum! Look at all my candles! ha!
{Annnd yes, in case your wondering, I did blow them all out at once! ha!}

birthday cake

I had a wonderful birthday, and we all enjoyed the yummy Ooey Gooey Cake!

cake recipes

You can connect with Cool Whip on facebook or pinterest.
You can find other Kraft products available at Walmart {HERE}.

Cool Whip frosting vanilla

What is your family’s favorite dessert recipe?


Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.

 

 

Disclosure: I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Kraft Cool Whip. #CoolWhipFrosting #CBias #SocialFabric All opinions are my own.