Ginger Snap Crafts: monster monday {halloween smelly jellies}

monster monday {halloween smelly jellies}

 
Smelly Jellies
 
Today I'm going to show you how to makes these Halloween inspired Smelly Jellies.
{Really these could be made just for fun or for any holiday...Christmas is coming up, too!}
 
 
If you have never heard of a Smelly Jelly...you've been missing out! 
They are super easy to make, & they smell so good! 
You can just set the jars out or you can use the the jelly
in a potpourri warmer for a stronger fragrance. :)
 
 
 
What you'll need:
 
*water crystals
glass containers
water
fragrance oil
food coloring
 
*You can find water crystals on ebay for super cheap or try a local candle making supply company.  When I lived in Ft. Worth, Texas I always got mine from Lone Star Candle Supply.
 
 
 
Here’s how I made mine:
 
I thought it would be fun to decorate my jars for Halloween
I cut out some spooky Halloween vinyl using my Silhouette & clip art. 
If you don't have a have a vinyl cutter don't worry. 
You could use stickers or paint pens to decorate your jars. 
I've also just left them plain in the past.  Either way will do. :)
 
 
You'll fill your jar with about 12 oz. of water.  Add 2 teaspoons of water crystals,
and then add 1 to 2 teaspoons of fragrance oil to your water.
{The more fragrance you add the stronger the smell.}
 
 
Add food coloring.  Then stir.
I always just use a popsicle stick to stir
so I can just toss it out when I'm done.
 
 
Now set your jars aside for an hour or two.
The water crystals will absorb the water, fragrance & color & expand...they'll get huge.
Soon your jars will look like this!  (In this one I actually layered some of my water crystals after they expanded.  I put stripes of orange & yellow.  Thought it made it look like candy corn!)
 
 
Then you can just add some
fun Halloween fabric cut in a circle
to the top with just the ring of your jar.
 
 
There you go!  Some fun, colorful
Halloween decorations that smell sooooo good!
 
 
Enjoy!

 Visit thecsiproject.com