Ginger Snap Crafts: Ribbon Flip Flops {tutorial} #ultimateredwhiteandblue

Ribbon Flip Flops {tutorial} #ultimateredwhiteandblue

Good morning! I usually post a feature post today. I’m saving that for tomorrow, because today is one of my favorite days of the year. Eek! Today is the Ultimate Red, White & Blue Round Up that Abbey from The Cards We Drew organizes each year. I love the 4th of July, and I love everything red, white & blue. So I really get excited when this event rolls around. You can check out last years ultimate red, white & blue round up right {HERE}. I’ll have this year’s round up at the end of this post. Here’s a little sneak peak of some of the amazing projects!

Red White and Blue Food Decor and Craft Ideas

This year I decided to make these super cute & easy ribbon flip flops. So keep reading to see how easy these are to put together. Your kiddos will LOVE to help with this craft. Let’s get started! :)

ribbon flip flops at GingerSnapCrafts.com_thumb

4th flip flop crafts

For this project you’ll need a few supplies:
6-7 rolls of patriotic ribbon in different thicknesses (I love this Offray ribbon!)
flip flops
scissors

4th supplies

First, I cut my ribbon into 6 inch strips

4th of July crafts

Then I started tying. I mixed it up as far as pattern & thickness of the ribbon.

4th of July ribbon

The super thin ribbon I double knotted. The thicker ribbon is single knotted.

4th of July crafts for kids

As you tie your ribbon make sure you pull tightly. You want a nice tight knot.

4th of July activities

I just kept going around until everything look nice & fluffy. Annnnnd so patriotic!

4th of July flip flops

These are the perfect accessory for the 4th of July! So cute!

4th of July

Click the pictures below to see some more of my favorite 4th of July projects!

handprint & footprint flag #kidcraft #4thofJuly_thumb_thumb[1]

patriotic-blocks_thumb1_thumb[1]

Ribbon-Wreath-with-Offray.com-at-Gin[2]

50  Red, White & Blue Ideas at GingerSnapCrafts.com #redwhiteblue #patriotic #usa #gingersnapcrafts_thumb

Annnnd be sure to check out the 90+ red, white & blue projects below!

You can check out last year’s round up right {HERE}.

Three Cheers for the Red, White and Blue final logo (2)_thumb[5]

ribbon flip flops at GingerSnapCrafts.com_thumb

Thank you so much stopping by my blog!
If this is your first time visiting I’d love to keep in touch.
 
Don’t miss a post! Subscribe by email or bloglovin’.

 

 

This post was created for Ginger Snap Crafts by Ginger Bowie.